Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Business Plus Approved!

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

AMEX Blue Business Plus Approved!

Literally missed out on the 25,000 MR points by a matter of days. Needed to wait until I pulled the trigger on my 3XCLI first before apping for this card. Although even with the 25k bonus expired this is a no-brainer for most. So with that I placed the app....got the spinning thingy for about 45 secs and screen came back with 'pending review" with a number to call. Immedietely called them back, answered a few general questions and boom!... Approved with a $10k limit! Pretty estatic about this one. Now I can close my PGR w/$195 fee and use this card for basically everyday spend. Still no sign of a HP yet....Will update back if or when I recieve one.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue Business Plus Approved!

Aren't they pretty strict with wanting you to use your business cards for business purposes only? Unless you've been using the PRG for business purchases only?

If you're getting this card only for 2X MR on your personal spending, I would tread lightly.
Message 2 of 16
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Aren't they pretty strict with wanting you to use your business cards for business purposes only? Unless you've been using the PRG for business purchases only?

If you're getting this card only for 2X MR on your personal spending, I would tread lightly.

Yes. My expenses will be (business) expenses as I tend to rack them up no doubt. 

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Firstly congrats to the OP!! This is one of the best fee-free cards to come out in recent years and that's a decent limit to get out the door with!

As far as this question about personal/business it is brought up from time to time and is more of a grey-area for Amex. Some lenders are explicit in the approved use of their small business cards, some don't care at all, and some even encourage personal spend on them as well.

FWIW, I have had 4 so far from Amex and due to their terms simply stating that the card 'will be used for business transactions' have erred on the side of the grey area personally. To those who decide for themselves that this expression has the additional meaning of 'business and only business and nothing but business' the most offensive transaction I have used an Amex business card for was a haircut.

Off the top of my head, other not-at-all-businessy things I've run through them are: groceries, personal phone bill, Razer Blade laptop (a known gaming company with zero business-aimed products), Air Conditioning unit, mattress, 'luxury' travel items, long Airbnb stay, .

Granted as a sole-proprietor some of those things could end up as business writeoffs since I work at home when I do business work, and use a lot of equipment/tools as both personal and business-related but the point is that at the end of the day each bank/lender is different so there is no hard fast rule regarding personal spend on a business card. 

In many large corporations, employees with corporate credit cards are allowed to put personal charges on them but then have to reimburse the company from their paycheck. 

YMMV but I will stay that Amex is certainly not one of those lenders that is strongly opposed, and at the end of the day with small business credit cards you are personally liable for any debt on them anyway just as you are with your own personal cards. Something to keep in mind.

Message 4 of 16
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Firstly congrats to the OP!! This is one of the best fee-free cards to come out in recent years and that's a decent limit to get out the door with!

As far as this question about personal/business it is brought up from time to time and is more of a grey-area for Amex. Some lenders are explicit in the approved use of their small business cards, some don't care at all, and some even encourage personal spend on them as well.

FWIW, I have had 4 so far from Amex and due to their terms simply stating that the card 'will be used for business transactions' have erred on the side of the grey area personally. To those who decide for themselves that this expression has the additional meaning of 'business and only business and nothing but business' the most offensive transaction I have used an Amex business card for was a haircut.

Off the top of my head, other not-at-all-businessy things I've run through them are: groceries, personal phone bill, Razer Blade laptop (a known gaming company with zero business-aimed products), Air Conditioning unit, mattress, 'luxury' travel items, long Airbnb stay, .

Granted as a sole-proprietor some of those things could end up as business writeoffs since I work at home when I do business work, and use a lot of equipment/tools as both personal and business-related but the point is that at the end of the day each bank/lender is different so there is no hard fast rule regarding personal spend on a business card. 

In many large corporations, employees with corporate credit cards are allowed to put personal charges on them but then have to reimburse the company from their paycheck. 

YMMV but I will stay that Amex is certainly not one of those lenders that is strongly opposed, and at the end of the day with small business credit cards you are personally liable for any debt on them anyway just as you are with your own personal cards. Something to keep in mind.

Thanks wanderingbuilder your the congrats and important points involving business purchases. This is my first business card with Amex so this info with certainly help me moving forward.And I agree, ever lender is different as far as having a certain criteria for charactorizing expenses. 

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with all that and I know it's not 100% clear. I was mostly commenting because of the PRG closure comment. I wouldn't be concerned with some spending here or there. I would be concerned with some closing their PRG and then literally spending that exact money (and ONLY personal money) on that card specifically. I think that card because for whatever reason, I think Amex will likely take it personally as they have a tendency to. Just a feeling. No reason per se.
Message 6 of 16
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the card and nice limit!  I like the 2X MR points and the no AF.  I'm waiting for the bonus to come around again.

Message 7 of 16
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@BPebbles wrote:

Congrats on the card and nice limit!  I like the 2X MR points and the no AF.  I'm waiting for the bonus to come around again.

Thanks BPebbles! I just missed it be a week. Just from reading through some of the blogs, frugalguy, millionmilesecrets etc, they seem confident in saying this card may never see the bonus points like that offer again in the very distant future so I just went for it. But you never know Amex has been know to suprise us.

Message 8 of 16
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Just an update....5 days after the app and still no sign of a hp...

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

Just an update....5 days after the app and still no sign of a hp...

Congrats on your approval.  I never received an HP either.  Gotta love Amex

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.