Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Business Plus Approved!

[ Edited ]

I received a hp that showed up about a week later.  I only had one other account with Amex so maybe Amex did not "know" me as well as some you guys.

Most Used: CSR | Amex Platinum | Amex Blue Business Plus
Others: Venture | Freedom
Established Contributor

@Irish thanks again! And yes Amex is a special kind of lender when it comes down to that specific perk Smiley Wink

@driftless I know the feeling applied for my PRG early this year and recieved a hp a few days later so Im guessing my relationship has strengthened with them now.

FICO8 Scores 7/19/2017: TU8 (713) EQ8 (704) EX8 (722)
Inquires:TU(8) EQ(11) EX(15)
New Contributor

From what I've seen as a divorce attorney representing a lot of small business owners, AmEx does not care if you use business cards for personal expenses or personal cards for business expenses. I've seen $2M+ per year in legit commercial construction expenses going through a personal card (held by business owner's relative btw so he was an authorized user) and I have seen countless business card statements where the owner is spending significant money on clearly personal items (like flights to Europe for their entire family, spa treatments, ski tickets, whatever). AmEx does not seem to care as long as you're a good customer.

Valued Contributor

mdd0214 wrote:

From what I've seen as a divorce attorney representing a lot of small business owners, AmEx does not care if you use business cards for personal expenses or personal cards for business expenses. I've seen $2M+ per year in legit commercial construction expenses going through a personal card (held by business owner's relative btw so he was an authorized user) and I have seen countless business card statements where the owner is spending significant money on clearly personal items (like flights to Europe for their entire family, spa treatments, ski tickets, whatever). AmEx does not seem to care as long as you're a good customer.

A lot of things could look like a business expense, but I put a haircut on my SPG Business card and they didn't seem to care.

Contributor

bruisedcredit wrote:

BPebbles wrote:

Congrats on the card and nice limit!  I like the 2X MR points and the no AF.  I'm waiting for the bonus to come around again.

Thanks BPebbles! I just missed it be a week. Just from reading through some of the blogs, frugalguy, millionmilesecrets etc, they seem confident in saying this card may never see the bonus points like that offer again in the very distant future so I just went for it. But you never know Amex has been know to suprise us.

I'm not in a rush.  I can wait. Smiley Happy

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.