cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Business Card Reports to Business Credit Reports?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

AMEX Business Card Reports to Business Credit Reports?

I was for some reason under the impression that American Express didnt report their business cards to the business credit bureau unless you default or something.

I know they dont report to personal credit reports, which is great, but for some reason I had it in my head that my Chase Ink card reports to my business reports, but my AMEX SimplyCash does not and remember being kinda bummed about that...

I just got my busienss credit report and the AMEX card is being reported on there...any idea what is going on with that? Or was I just totally mis-remembering from the time when I originally got the card, or maybe some bad info?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Business Card Reports to Business Credit Reports?

Bad info. It always reports, just different business report than chase,
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shane82388 wrote:

I was for some reason under the impression that American Express didnt report their business cards to the business credit bureau unless you default or something.

I know they dont report to personal credit reports, which is great, but for some reason I had it in my head that my Chase Ink card reports to my business reports, but my AMEX SimplyCash does not and remember being kinda bummed about that...

I just got my busienss credit report and the AMEX card is being reported on there...any idea what is going on with that? Or was I just totally mis-remembering from the time when I originally got the card, or maybe some bad info?

Amex reports to business bureaus but NOT personal reports unless you default.  It is a business card going to help build your business credit so what is the problem?  Don't you want it reporting to business?

Message 3 of 5
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

Amex reports to business bureaus but NOT personal reports unless you default.  It is a business card going to help build your business credit so what is the problem?  Don't you want it reporting to business?

Well I just though they didn't report (for business cards) at all unless you default. Thought it might be a new thing they are doing or something. Who said there is a problem? I'm saying this is a good thing! Definitely want all that good history reporting!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shane82388 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

Well I just though they didn't report (for business cards) at all unless you default. Thought it might be a new thing they are doing or something. Who said there is a problem? I'm saying this is a good thing! Definitely want all that good history reporting!

I thought you didn't want it to report to the  business report thats why I asked what the problem wasSmiley Happy...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.