Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta gold biz denial "credit limit recently lowered"

tag
Ddub
Established Member

AMEX Delta gold biz denial "credit limit recently lowered"

I applied for the Delta gold business card that I held the personal of until recently (annual fee was up, I couldn't get an offer so cancelled).  It was a soft pull as far as I know, I have other cards (PRG, Gold biz, SPG Biz).  I got denied for the Delta Biz card bc of "credit limit recently lowered".  This was because of the card I just had that was closed, I'm assuming?  I asked an agent about it on chat and he said that didn't make any sense either, that he couldn't see a limit reduced on any of the cards- just the one card completely closed- and to call.  So I did, they said they would pull my report and do a check.  I figured fine, it was a good offer and I could try to pair with a charge card.  Well, the same exact answer came back to me.

Am I in purgatory?  What should I do?  Can I or should I even recon this, how to get back in Amex's good graces?  Thanks.

CapOne Journey Student ($3500) DiscoverIt Student ($500) Citi Classic Secured ($300) Macy's Charge ($200) Vic Secret ($500)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Delta gold biz denial "credit limit recently lowered"

I just got a 5 point hit for moving 5k of credit from one Chase Card to another - the alert I got was lender lowered limit. So this is the last time I try that. 

As far as your Amex issue - the law says they have to give you a reeson why you were denied. It is frequently not the actual reason but a reason. Recon it and get them to explain or give it a year . 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.