Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum 100K Offer

tag
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

AMEX Platinum 100K Offer

Has anyone received the Amex platinum 100K MR(s) offer?  I received this in the mail today, and it looks amazing.

They've been sending me small biz offers for the last year or so, but I was busy building my personal credit & not paying attention.

I don't have hardly any small business income , but i have built up some small biz credit. My personal income is pretty good (200k) do you think this would be an issue for approval?

I will have no reported balances when apping, and I have inquiries from the beginning of last month(along with 4 new personal cc's), the offer is good until january 10th, and I imagine I'll wait until that time to apply.

Credit scores in sigs. 1 baddie 6 1/2 years ago.

Thanks!

Staring Scores:Transunion-636 Equifax-618 Experian- 640 (8/12):
Current Scores:Transunion-717 Equifax-(?) Experian 726(as of 11/18/13):

Goal 760 Across the Board:

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

?Re: AMEX Platinum 100K Offer

Anyone? My odds of approval?

Message 2 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: ?Re: AMEX Platinum 100K Offer

How many INQ's total and how many in the last 12 months?

Are the scores in sig Fico?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 14
rlx01
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum 100K Offer

If you already have an AMEX then the denial is a SP.

Your chances are probably good. They base it off your personal CR anyway. Plus the biz cards have no consumer protection, so they want you to sign up for those. Smiley Happy

I'd be all over 100K MR though. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

inquiries last 12 months is 8 across all cr's. 6 within the last 3 months, the rest are 10 months old minimum .Total is 10 within the last 2 years.

Yes, Those are fico scores. Since the new credit cards just hit, I'm sure there's been a slight drop, my walmart this month was at 698 TU.

I currently have no amex cards, just a personal savings account with a decent amount of money.

Message 5 of 14
rlx01
Established Contributor

Dunno what you have to lose apart from a EX HP. Smiley Happy

100K MR is worth at least $1000, so that's definitely in the realm of 'worth it'.

Message 6 of 14
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

Awesome, well I'll apply than, I will wait until Jan. 5th or so to ensure I have 2-3 payments on the new cards. This does not report on personal credit right?

Thanks for the help guys, I'll let y'all know the outcome. Plus I guess it wouldn't hurt to get in now, as spg is high on my wishlist when they have anothe. Hefty sign up bbonus

Message 7 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

inquiries last 12 months is 8 across all cr's. 6 within the last 3 months, the rest are 10 months old minimum .Total is 10 within the last 2 years.

Yes, Those are fico scores. Since the new credit cards just hit, I'm sure there's been a slight drop, my walmart this month was at 698 TU.

I currently have no amex cards, just a personal savings account with a decent amount of money.

@MyCreditSucksTheMost wrote:
Awesome, well I'll apply than, I will wait until Jan. 5th or so to ensure I have 2-3 payments on the new cards. This does not report on personal credit right?

Thanks for the help guys, I'll let y'all know the outcome. Plus I guess it wouldn't hurt to get in now, as spg is high on my wishlist when they have anothe. Hefty sign up bbonus

With 6 new accounts in 3 months you may have to recon but I think you should be ok but be prepared to explain the new TL's/INQ's

As far as waiting IMHO 30 days will not make that big of difference as far as history or scores.

If your going to apply I would do it now to lock in a MSD of 2013 vs 2014 

Good luck should you app

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 14
GregB
Valued Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:

Your chances are probably good. They base it off your personal CR anyway. Plus the biz cards have no consumer protection, so they want you to sign up for those. Smiley Happy

Almost certainly NOT true. I have two Amex cards, one for 34 years and they do soft pull on those. I recieved both Gold 50k and Platinum 100k offers. Gold fees looked much better and it was a hard pull.

Message 9 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@GregB wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:

Almost certainly NOT true. I have two Amex cards, one for 34 years and they do soft pull on those. I recieved both Gold 50k and Platinum 100k offers. Gold fees looked much better and it was a hard pull.

It's a HP if approved and usually a SP if declined

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.