Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum 100K Offer

tag
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum 100K Offer

Welp, I applied(12/28/13 drapping Smiley Tongue) and was denied; due to too many recently opened accounts.  I called in to see if I could recon, and I was basically told they want to see the new accounts age to at least 6 months.

On a positive note, I received no HP. I had been noticing that they soft me at least once a month, and apparently they used that information. I also have an amex savings with a large amount of assets, so not sure if that made them start looking my way in the first place. Either way, I'm a little bummed by the no approval, been a while since I was denied.lol. 

another positive note, I was approved for the exxon fleet card, I decided to apply after seeing the recent approvals, so that makes 2 no pg cards within the last month.  Not  sure as of limit yet, as the status page only says approved.

Staring Scores:Transunion-636 Equifax-618 Experian- 640 (8/12):
Current Scores:Transunion-717 Equifax-(?) Experian 726(as of 11/18/13):

Goal 760 Across the Board:

Message 11 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@MyCreditSucksTheMost wrote:

Welp, I applied(12/28/13 drapping Smiley Tongue) and was denied; due to too many recently opened accounts.  I called in to see if I could recon, and I was basically told they want to see the new accounts age to at least 6 months.

On a positive note, I received no HP. I had been noticing that they soft me at least once a month, and apparently they used that information. I also have an amex savings with a large amount of assets, so not sure if that made them start looking my way in the first place. Either way, I'm a little bummed by the no approval, been a while since I was denied.lol. 

another positive note, I was approved for the exxon fleet card, I decided to apply after seeing the recent approvals, so that makes 2 no pg cards within the last month.  Not  sure as of limit yet, as the status page only says approved.

Sorry about the Amex but congrats on the Exxon

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 14
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

Thanks I called amex back and made a few points and asked for a reconsideration again. This time it was granted, I was told to wait a few days. Exxon called and they granted me 3k cl, much more gas than I planned on ever using.lol

Staring Scores:Transunion-636 Equifax-618 Experian- 640 (8/12):
Current Scores:Transunion-717 Equifax-(?) Experian 726(as of 11/18/13):

Goal 760 Across the Board:

Message 13 of 14
maksimfa
Contributor

Congrats.  I also got the offers for the 100k in the mail.

I applied for the personal Platinum delta and got instant approval.  Was so pumped by that, that I took out the ripped 100k offer from the trash and applied for that the same day, figured 1 pull, right?

Was listed as in process.

Called today to find out the status, the rep asked me to verify what I do, business name, and came back... "I have some good news for you, we are expediting you the card."  wow. I am shocked. =)

So two new Amex accounts.

I was recently approved for a personal quicksilver card that is not yet reporting, otherwise the only new accounts were from 6 months ago, and an express card from a month ago.  I was a gold card holder in 2006, and am currently an AU on wife's gold delta skymiles.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.