Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Simply Cash Plus approved!!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Simply Cash Plus approved!!

The most important difference is the Plus is a much cooler looking card! Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 47
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats is there two version of this card now?  If so what is the difference?  I have the silver no AF one and it is 5/3/1%.  The blue one appears to be invite only for now?  A bit confused.

Here's the link to the page with the RSVP code scrubbed.  From what I've read it's targeted offers only and the main differences are a larger cap at 50K and the ability to spend over your limit similar to a charge card.  There may be other differences or those may be incorrect, I'm honestly not 100% sure

http://smb.americanexpress.com/simply-cash/plus/february-2016/300.html

Ya not 100% sure either what the difference is... I believe you are correct on the higher caps though as I read something before about this new blue version and that was one of the things..  Sure it will probably be open applications eventually or wonder if you can upgrade silver to blue?  Who knows, sure more information will be coming as this is a new offering from Amex.  Although I don't see a huge benefit for me personally on the upgrade other than a bettter looking card as not going to hit the 50k carp or let alone the 25k cap i believe on the silver version i have

From what I've read the targeted offers come with either a $300 bonus for 3k spend or a $500 bonus for 5k spend.  I'm not sure how they decide who gets what offer, but I got the lesser of the two which is fine by me because I just paid my taxes with the Delta card which was my only large upcoming purchase.  It'll be tight for me to meet the 3k spend right now.

Message 12 of 47
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
The most important difference is the Plus is a much cooler looking card! Smiley Very Happy

I think this is the main difference CC...

Message 13 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on the approval. I also received the same target offer. I guess my thread was moved to the business section. I think Amex will report this trade line on your personal reports ?
Message 14 of 47
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice, congrats on the approval. I also received the same target offer. I guess my thread was moved to the business section. I think Amex will report this trade line on your personal reports ?

No maam. Hidden tradeline! On the downlow...shhhhh! LOL

Message 15 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome! 

Message 16 of 47
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like I got moved as well.  Unfortunate as this is good information, but the urge to over sort is strong on these boards.  Hopefully some folks got to read the threads before they were sent to obscurity.

Message 17 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like I got moved as well.  Unfortunate as this is good information, but the urge to over sort is strong on these boards.  Hopefully some folks got to read the threads before they were sent to obscurity.

Business credit section is not obscurity and your thread was moved here because it's about a business card that is only available from a targeted offer to certain business owners.  I fail to see how that's a problem.

Message 18 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

One note on the over limit thing that keeps being discussed. The existing SimplyCash has that ability, so that isn't a new feature.

Message 19 of 47
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Heh, I got the same offer ($0 AF, 5/3/1 and $300 on 3K) on 2/28, thought about it for a small bit, and said what the hell.

Wasn't instantly approved, had the response in there about call Amex blah blah... which I just shrugged and figured was a wasted inquiry.  Sat on it, got an email early morning that my application was under review, and then got an email near business close that I had been approved.

No idea on limit though seems to be a single variable APR, one question for those of you who have had an Amex business card in the past: can you manage it through the same personal online interface or does a new account under a different login have to be setup?  I tried and didn't manage to add it via the online interface, figured I'd try again once I got the card.

Personal EX FICO 8 (which was pulled 3/1) was at a 715; declared sole-proprietor and minimal income / minimal spend and full current personal income (simple W2 right now) which they asked for.  I have had the Chase Ink Cash for a while reported to business credit reports but I haven't done anything special beyond that in terms of business tradelines.  Oddly I haven't really been using the BCP nor Zync much so I was a little surprised by the offer, but I do have the 75K MP business card offers as well off and on over the past year and change but wasn't really tempted with the AF if I wasn't spending enough to justify it right now (figuring it'd be there if I needed it later).

This though, was a seriously easy offer to accept: that 3% is very tasty if one's spend lines up on it (cloud services in my case).

        
Message 20 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.