Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Simply Cash Plus approved!!

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Simply Cash Plus approved!!

*** Final Update ***

I checked earlier this morning and online it still said " in progress " ........ then later on this afternon it said APPROVED!!!!

I called the application status line and got a nice rep and i asked her what my limit is and she said $10,000. I thanked her and we nicely ended the call. Smiley Very Happy

A minute later i got an approval email and i was able to link the new card up to my existing login and sure enough its for $10,000 Smiley Very Happy

I am completely shocked by this approval!.......... My First SimplyCash Business Card is at $3k and that was under my Sole Proprietorship, which they never closed it when i converted to an LLC, they simply had me reapply for a new card under my LLC and that SimplyCash Business Card was approved for $10,000 and i was so shocked then at that amazing approval, and now this new SimplyCash Plus Business Card is $10,000........ My Everyday Card still sits at $2k......... AMEX has not let me get an increase for my Everyday Card as well as my frst SimplyCash Card but yet they can give me 2 cards now under my LLC for $10k each.

Now My Exposure with AMEX is $25,000 not counting my Sr. Green Charge Card.

I guess later on i may ask AMEX to take the 3k from my First SimplyCash Card and split it accross my new cards under my LLC and then that will close out the old card....... sounds like a good idea at least. LOL!!!

At any rate I am completely shocked by the high approvals under my LLC and the wierdness of AMEX......LOL!!! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 41 of 47
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@linux007969 wrote:

*** Final Update ***

I checked earlier this morning and online it still said " in progress " ........ then later on this afternon it said APPROVED!!!!

I called the application status line and got a nice rep and i asked her what my limit is and she said $10,000. I thanked her and we nicely ended the call. Smiley Very Happy

A minute later i got an approval email and i was able to link the new card up to my existing login and sure enough its for $10,000 Smiley Very Happy

I am completely shocked by this approval!.......... My First SimplyCash Business Card is at $3k and that was under my Sole Proprietorship, which they never closed it when i converted to an LLC, they simply had me reapply for a new card under my LLC and that SimplyCash Business Card was approved for $10,000 and i was so shocked then at that amazing approval, and now this new SimplyCash Plus Business Card is $10,000........ My Everyday Card still sits at $2k......... AMEX has not let me get an increase for my Everyday Card as well as my frst SimplyCash Card but yet they can give me 2 cards now under my LLC for $10k each.

Now My Exposure with AMEX is $25,000 not counting my Sr. Green Charge Card.

I guess later on i may ask AMEX to take the 3k from my First SimplyCash Card and split it accross my new cards under my LLC and then that will close out the old card....... sounds like a good idea at least. LOL!!!

At any rate I am completely shocked by the high approvals under my LLC and the wierdness of AMEX......LOL!!! Smiley Very Happy

Hey congrats!

I think it's the PG factor, if you've demonstrated good income and payment behaviors over time, this isn't a big concern for them in terms of limited business history.  I think much of the major business credit card issuers are setup this way now, I can't really explain either of my Chase Ink nor my Amex Simply Cash Plus approvals any other way... end of the day with the PG though, there's no difference between personal, sole-proprietorship, or LLC in this case... corporate veil does not apply, and as such I suspect Amex's business practice in terms of approvals for fledgling business entities makes tremendous sense from a market perspective.

Will admit I was shocked and did LOL at my own recent approval at 12k... that's a big run way if I ever go out and do something for real.

        
Message 42 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I was just denied for an Amex SimplyCash. 

One of the reasons given in the denial letter was:

"You have the maximum number and type of american express products we allow."

Does anyone know what that means exactly? I thought the max limit with Amex was 4 credit cards and that charge cards were not included in the limit.

I have an Everyday, a Blue Cash Everyday, a Platinum and a Premier Rewards Gold. 

Message 43 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the card via internet and was told to call and I did, spoke with a fraud service guy who said he just needed to verify it was me.  Appoved and as a special service he overnighted my card to me at no cost (maybe and most probably they do that ver everyone, but sweeet.

Message 44 of 47
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

I was just denied for an Amex SimplyCash. 

One of the reasons given in the denial letter was:

"You have the maximum number and type of american express products we allow."

Does anyone know what that means exactly? I thought the max limit with Amex was 4 credit cards and that charge cards were not included in the limit.

I have an Everyday, a Blue Cash Everyday, a Platinum and a Premier Rewards Gold. 

Allowed to have 4 revolvers with Amex between business/personal and unlimited charge cards I believe, so not sure why you got that message

Message 45 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm... I will call them and ask. Thanks.

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Allowed to have 4 revolvers with Amex between business/personal and unlimited charge cards I believe, so not sure why you got that message

Message 46 of 47
bigpoppa1
New Contributor

Congrats to everyone that were Approved for this Card.

I just applied and was denied because my Fico was 636.

Do you suggest I reapply once my score hits 700 ?

Should I want 3 months before I reapply ? 

What were you Corporate and Personal Scores like when you were approved?

And how much did they approve you for ?

I currently have a BJ's Comenity Card $19k limit and a Capital One Park $2k limit.

Personal: Upgrade Triple Cash Rewards $1,000, Capital One Quicksilver $3,000, Avant $750, Credit One $450, Credit One Black $950, Destiny $300, Milestone $300, Mission Lane $400, Cerulean $1,500, Merrick Bank Black $700, Upgrade $1,000, Fingerhut $1,300.....

C-Corporation: Universal Premium Fleetcor $22,000, BP $9,000, Shell $10,000, Amazon $5,000, Lowe's $6,500, Phillips 66 $3,000
Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.