Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX cobranded - Lowes

tag
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

AMEX cobranded - Lowes

I am contemplating apping the Lowes Amex business. I went to app it and it takes me to the Amex website. Does anyone have this card? Who do they pull through? And is the card governed by AMEX? I heard its easier to get cobranded AMEX cards and usually get better limits. I have te BCP and the ED already but I would love to get the Lowes and get rid of my synchrony Lowes card. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX cobranded - Lowes

Lowes American Express offer the same deferred financing options on large purchases? if not I would reconsider. As a business timing your cash flow is important, as a homeowner not being broke is important. the synchrony version... that feature is important to a lot of people.
Another co-branded Amex is cool for the Twitter offers that pop up from time to time but they have really dried up in the past couple of years.
Message 2 of 6
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

For general purchases, the BCP and ED are probably just as good. If you have a business the Blue for Business is something different. There are both personal and business versions of the Lowes card from Synchrony, and the Synchrony versions offer the promotional financing.
Even if you start with a low limit, it's easy to increase the credit line every six months.
I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 3 of 6
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I decided to pass it up. As much as I want a business card with AMEX, I don't want it co-branded. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 4 of 6
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Have you been reading the other threads about the new Blue for Business credit card? 2 MR per $.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 5 of 6
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Have you been reading the other threads about the new Blue for Business credit card? 2 MR per $.

Yeah I saw that. I am not too familiar with the MR's but will read up on it on AMEX's site. I liek cash back to reduce my bills and help offset the fees I get charged to use cards in my business. But if the MR's can be put towards that, I might go that route. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.