cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I Eligible for Ink? Is One Easier to Get?

tag
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

Am I Eligible for Ink? Is One Easier to Get?

I'm a full-time employee as my day job, but around campaign season I do a little political consulting on the side. I basically provide advice to candidates, and then help manage grunt work like precinct walking and phone banking. Those two involve purchasing office supplies, which I'm reimbursed for. I'm paid as a 1099 contractor. However, I don't have any 1099 income from last year since it was an off-year. I will have some this year.

Do I meet the qualifications for a Chase Ink card? It would be great to get 5x UR points on reimbursed purchases. If I do, is one of the Ink products easier to be approved for than the others?

FICOs: EX (per Amex, 1/20/18): 830 | TU (per Discover, 1/20/18): 817

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Drawer: Hella More
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Am I Eligible for Ink? Is One Easier to Get?

Sure, that would qualify. Might need to provide documentation from an earlier year if asked. The Ink Cash is or should be the easiest. 

Message 2 of 8
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

With the recent reports of people having their Chase cards suspended or canceled, I think I'll wait a while. I've had 3 personal cards approved already in the past 12 months, and there's talk that 4 is a potential trigger.

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Message 3 of 8
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I think it's a YMMV situation. I have had 5 approved Chase apps in less than 1 year and no adverse actions at all. Of those 5 apps three were Ink cards. If you are going to wait you should hold out for small business week when Chase traditionally ups the offers on these cards. 

Message 4 of 8
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

I think it's a YMMV situation. I have had 5 approved Chase apps in less than 1 year and no adverse actions at all. Of those 5 apps three were Ink cards. If you are going to wait you should hold out for small business week when Chase traditionally ups the offers on these cards. 

When is Small Business Week?

I already have the Biz Amazon, Biz Freedom, and an old version of the Ink, but also just formed an LLC so I need to separate my old sole-proprietor expenses from the LLC expenses.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 5 of 8
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

This year it's May 12-16. No guarantee Chase runs same promotion but I believe they have 2 years in a row. 

Message 6 of 8
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

Can someone direct me to the Chase Ink backdoor/recon number? I want to have it ready.

I checked the stickies and Googled, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Message 7 of 8
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I'm not sure how up to date these are but as of 6/18/2013 I wrote the following numbers on my printed copy of my Ink app for recon:

800-453-9719 was business recon and what I called for final approval on my Ink Plus

888-245-0625 was credit analyst but i did not call

888-270-2127 was either automated or non automated application check (9-5 M-F)

Good luck!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.