Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Corp Revolving - Beware!

tag
Bobbyjohnson
New Contributor

Amazon Corp Revolving - Beware!

Data point:  

The Amazon revolving credit line is pretty much useless to revolve a balance.

I carried a balance of about 6,500 on some new equipment purchases. I revolved balance thinking I would levergae the low 12.9%apr for cash flow reasons.

I was expecting around $70 interest payment (@ 12.9% APR)  + small principal payment (so lets say the total min due would be anywhere from $100-$175.)

NOPE.  They do charge 12.9% APR (so around $70 in interest) but the minumum payment is around $560!  They want the principal paid back FAST.

So they really, really don't want you carring a large balance.

Your better off putting the spend through a reward biz card. At least you'd get some points for the spend.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon Corp Revolving - Beware!

@Bobbyjohnson wrote:

Data point:  

The Amazon revolving credit line is pretty much useless to revolve a balance.

I carried a balance of about 6,500 on some new equipment purchases. I revolved balance thinking I would levergae the low 12.9%apr for cash flow reasons.

I was expecting around $70 interest payment (@ 12.9% APR)  + small principal payment (so lets say the total min due would be anywhere from $100-$175.)

NOPE.  They do charge 12.9% APR (so around $70 in interest) but the minumum payment is around $560!  They want the principal paid back FAST.

So they really, really don't want you carring a large balance.

Your better off putting the spend through a reward biz card. At least you'd get some points for the spend.

Not only that.

If you carry balance for 3 or 4 Months they'll slash your CL.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't sound too appealing. I might have to rethink apping for that

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.. How exaclty is that bebeficial to businesses though?  That is appaling for a commecial credit line..

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.