Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Business??

tag
laboi_22
Established Contributor

American Express Business??

I own a small business but I've been decline for a personal card because of a telecheck issue. My credit is perfect. Have several cards and AAOA 5 years. Is it easier to attempt a business card from AMEX or should I try the personal route again?

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express Business??

A business card is not necessarily any easier. They will pull your personal credit and they will run a checksystems on the business. They will also want proof the business exists. In my case, I had let the filing of my corp with the state lapse, so I had to renew before they would process the app. That held me up a few days. My wife has a sole propriatorship and they wanted to see business bank statements and tax returns. But I do not believe they pulled apersonal chexsystems because despite very good credit I had a ding o checksystems from an account I closed with a cc chargeback after the fact that I didn't even know about. Good Luck. Let us know.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.