Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Simplycash Business

tag
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

American Express Simplycash Business

Hello everyone,I am thinking about this card but have some questions:

I would be doing this as a sole proprietorship, so just use my normal personal income as on my other cards?

Will the member since date be the same as my other cards?

Will the Member since date help with AAOA?

I see it is a hidden tradline so the credit limit would not help with utilization?

Any pros/cons for the card I might not have thought about?

Thank you in advance!

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Simplycash Business

@signaturecardmember wrote:

I would be doing this as a sole proprietorship, so just use my normal personal income as on my other cards?

I see it is a hidden tradline so the credit limit would not help with utilization?

Thank you in advance!

Not reported to personal report so it will not help with AAoA

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do they backdate this one, though? I'm considering adding it to my want list and it would be pretty cool if the card said Member Since 80. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you in advance!

@signaturecardmember,

This post will yield better results in the business section.  That being said,

Will the Member since date help with AAOA? - No, it is a hidden tradeline and will not help your AAOA

I see it is a hidden tradline so the credit limit would not help with utilization?- Correct. Does not help your util.

Will the member since date be the same as my other cards? - Yes

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be doing this as a sole proprietorship, so just use my normal personal income as on my other cards? Yes, you can list personal income

Will the member since date be the same as my other cards? It will be reported as the same date of your previous Amex cards. Mine shows 2000 same as BCE

Will the Member since date help with AAOA? This card isnt reported to personal credit reports so no. As far as whether or not it helps AAoA on business credit reports Im not sure how that works.

I see it is a hidden tradline so the credit limit would not help with utilization? Credit limit would not help with utilization on personal reports. Also wont affect or hurt utilization

Any pros/cons for the card I might not have thought about? It would be easier to answer this if you listed the pros/cons you've already considered Smiley Happy

Thank you in advance!

Message 5 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you in advance!

@signaturecardmember,

Will the Member since date help with AAOA? - No, it is a hidden tradeline and will not help your AAOA

I see it is a hidden tradline so the credit limit would not help with utilization?- Correct. Does not help your util.

NO, Business member since dates don't reflect that of your personal cards member dates... only if you had a business card back then too.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you in advance!

@signaturecardmember,

NO, Business member since dates don't reflect that of your personal cards member dates... only if you had a business card back then too.

hmm....I think I need some clarification here. My card shows a 2000 MSD same as my personal card. The online account MSD is also listed as 2000. So its reflected the same on the card and online with Amex but it reports as the year it was first opened correct? Thats what I thought but seeing the 2000 MSD confused me a bit.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you in advance!

@signaturecardmember,

hmm....I think I need some clarification here. My card shows a 2000 MSD same as my personal card. The online account MSD is also listed as 2000. So its reflected the same on the card and online with Amex but it reports as the year it was first opened correct? Thats what I thought but seeing the 2000 MSD confused me a bit.

@Anonymous,

I have to disagree with CreditAddict on this one.  What you have is actually correct.  I know people whose card reflect their MSD on their personal and business cards.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

I have to disagree with CreditAddict on this one.  What you have is actually correct.  I know people whose card reflect their MSD on their personal and business cards.

Well thats an unexpected but pleasant surprise Smiley Happy Thanks!

Message 9 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Hmm, hope I'm wrong but my simply bus currently reads 2014 and my costco and blue that I'm AU reflect my MSD 1999, bacj when I use to have other personal and business cards, by bus cards reported 2008 and personal 1999... The rep recently when I got the simply cash card said it wouldn't backdate to either my previous business or personal... I'll call tomorrow again
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.