Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Blue Plus CLI New account

tag
trboda92
Established Member

Amex Blue Plus CLI New account

Hello all,

I just got approved for the Amex blue plus. CL 13,500 I was hoping for atleast 30k as this is my CL on my Chase ink.  When it came to expenses on the application I answered a conservitive $7500 per month on that question and now I think I should have bumped it higher.

What are the chances of me calling them and getting them to increase a new account immidiately? Any success stories?  I am looking to transfer a bal for the 15 mo at 0% but this LOC isn't enough. I now feel as iv'e wasted a HP.  :/

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Blue Plus CLI New account

Just try it. Research here Amex 3x cli. You can also reallocate credit from another business or personal card so long as it's 12-13 mos old. That's a darn good starting limit. You know why? You won't want a limit above 25k with Amex unless you're ready to submit paperwork. HOWEVER many here have luck surpassing that 25k/card or 34.5k total exposure with ease!
Message 2 of 8
trboda92
Established Member

Thanks!!

Called Amex today and here’s what I was told. For business cards you can request an immidiate CLI upon recieving the plastic.

Any personal accounts are not eligible for CLI increase until two full cycles 60 days. Once that has been completed you are eligible for up to 3x your CLI.

I am waiting to recieve my plastic to call and request the increase on my Blue plus.
Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

wrote:
Just try it. Research here Amex 3x cli. You can also reallocate credit from another business or personal card so long as it's 12-13 mos old. That's a darn good starting limit. You know why? You won't want a limit above 25k with Amex unless you're ready to submit paperwork. HOWEVER many here have luck surpassing that 25k/card or 34.5k total exposure with ease!

This is the myth that just won't go away... it's simply not true at all but we can't seem to stop saying it.

And now Amex has made it even easier because the system will pop up if they want verification and you can just back out and request lower amount until you hit the sweet spot of what they will give you without verification.

OP, I would just request the 3x CLI when you receive card... if it's a no, try again in 62 days.

Message 4 of 8
trboda92
Established Member

Thank you for the clarification, I will take the advice and request the 3x. I am fine with providing documentation if need be.
Message 5 of 8
rprisco
Regular Contributor

OP, I just posted my experience, similar to yours, in the business section. I'd say go for it, I was approved for cli today and the card has not even arrived yet.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 6 of 8
trboda92
Established Member

Thanks,

How did you access your account online before the plastic arrived? Keep inmind I dont have any current Amex accounts now.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me know how it goes. I'm in a similar situation with the same SL.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.