Valued Member
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL

Amex Business Charge Card- Financial Review FR Process

I  wanted to add this because I could NOT find an answer about F/R ( Financial Reviews) on business accounts. 

Luckily for me, my business is a C-Corp. Just got the card end of last year and despite having a D&B file and public records files that show 7 to 8 digits revenue. They would not let us charge more than $2k per month. We finally got it up to $6k and they started begging for half 3 weeks before the statement was due  ( and 1.5 before it cut.) By month 6 we made it up to $9k and once again they started calling. I knew what that was about...they wanted half again. I ignored them as long as I could but the calls would not stop. Then I got an email, it said all transactions would be declined but the account was NOT suspended. Two days later , I got an email ( without calling) that said I could use the card but "charging privileges MAY be suspended." Well, I paid them and used the card again. I noticed that my AU's could not charge $1000 but I could charge $1900. AMEX is funny like that. Yesterday (Day 4 after my payment)  and today (Day 5)  I put in $2500 and it said the charges would not be approved. About 4 hours later, I got a call with a long voicemail transcript. I listened and she left the infamous FR #. I proved that we could AFFORD to pay and we got FR'd. Nice!

Amex  feeds you a line about this is so we can better assist you and meet your needs. <--- Yeah right.

They make it seem as if the FR is to do you a favor. In my case hopefully it will. To make over 2 Mil and not be able to charge $3k is CRAZY. Doesn't that make you want to laugh? I've learned that being FR'd is not that  bad. I got FR before I even received my personal card. I have not had any problems with them since.

Questions AMEX will ask:

1. Name

2. Best # to reach you on

3. Salary and title

4. Business type " what do you do"

5. Ask for your email address.

Then they email you and ask you to complete the 4506-T for YOUR BUSINESS. If you are using the AMEX BIZ card because you are an employee and your boss/employer reimburses you how is that going to work? They want to see the business information you report to the IRS. In my case a 1120. Hope they offer me a black card ( yeah I'm dreaming right?)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+