Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business: Denial a SP?

tag
PointLager
Established Contributor

Amex Business: Denial a SP?

Hi folks

Thinking about getting the new Amex biz card that pays 2x MR.

Does anyone know if Amex denials are SPs, similar to how personal card apps are treated (i not sure if they are --it's been a while since my last Amex app).

I'd be applying with SSN as a sole prop.

TIA
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Business: Denial a SP?

Using your SSN, yes it 'should' be SP for a denial. I haven't had a HP for business with my two denials
Message 2 of 8
PointLager
Established Contributor

Thanks. Much appreciated.
Message 3 of 8
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@PointLager wrote:
Hi folks

Thinking about getting the new Amex biz card that pays 2x MR.

Does anyone know if Amex denials are SPs, similar to how personal card apps are treated (i not sure if they are --it's been a while since my last Amex app).

I'd be applying with SSN as a sole prop.

TIA

Are u going to have that Amex card as a general spend card? Will it be a better general spend than citiDC or Bisplay Visa or even fidelity visa?As in does 2x membership rewards beat 2%cashback? How many cents do you think 2 MR are worth?

If you have Amex account already then it will be Sp denial. Good luck

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 4 of 8
PointLager
Established Contributor

Thanks @sub

I value MR minimum 2c. Usually get 2.4+ when transferring to Singapore KF which I use to book united flights.

I already have the fidelity visa and it's been in the sock drawer for over a year.

My spend is broken down as follows

CSR for dining and non airplane travel
Freedom for 5x
united Club for non category (I don't want to waste a hp for freedom unlimited plus I need to spend $25k on a united card to get united to waive PQD requirement)

Next is Amex EDP which I use for groceries. As i mostly shop at Costco I get Amex GCs at grocery stores then use them at Costco for for 4.5x MR.

I kept my Citi Prestige for the sole purpose of booking flights. Their travel insurance is a class above chase. Not only does trip delay and/or baggage coverage kick in at 3h but there's a broader coverage of categories. My card renewed at $350 and with the net cost of $100 it's totally worth it for this insurance benefit, despite losing value in cash like trip redemption come July. I transfer TYP to Singapore anyway so don't care about cash redemption.

Citi AT&T access more. I just PC into this card and this is my new online shopping card for 3x. It also helps that it has 24m warranty. I transfer TYP to Singapore for booking united. I also buy Costco cash card online for 3x and then use this at Costco gas.

I also have but don't use the below for spending. Just keep for benefits
Amex Plat. Net $250 cost to maintain gold status w SPG. This used to be my number one card for shopping due to warranty protection but I value 24 month warranty from Citi. Plus I've been using price protection on both citi and chase and could never go back to shopping w a card that doesn't offer it.

Ritz (net $100 cost solely for concierge and JPM exec line. I had kept it for Marriott gold status but for now that's automatic via Amex Plat/SPG)

Sock drawer:
SPG
Fidelity visa
Amex Senior Green. ($35 af; I usually find a couple of Amex
Offers throughout the year to offset this). I already closed two Amex cards this year and they were backdated so I need to keep some open

I value my points as follows

UR > MR > UA > TYP

When I can use Singapore miles to book united (ie Singapore has united award availability) I use MR+TYP. Often united only has availability for elites /cardholders, which forces me to use my united miles stash. I hoard the URs for now.

I recently discovered Plastiq and unfortunately Citi ATT more will stop coding it as travel 3x after July so I'm thinking that given my MR valuation I could keep using plastiq with the 2x MR thus I'm ahead of the 2.5% fee.

I'd love to get a chase ink but I'm right at 5/24 until Jan and 3 of my 5 are chase cards (Ritz, UA Explorer 70k +$50 SC offer last year, and CSR 100k )

Not sure what else I can apply for at this point. Prob a good idea to hit ink next year. Hopefully they have 80k still. I could then downgrade CSR to Freedom U.

I would grab SPG business but not at 25k offer.
Message 5 of 8
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@PointLager wrote:
@Anonymous @Anonymous

I value MR minimum 2c. Usually get 2.4+ when transferring to Singapore KF which I use to book united flights.
So if each MR is 2 cents then does BBP from Amex mean it's a 4%cashback card at the very least?

I already have the fidelity visa and it's been in the sock drawer for over a year.

My spend is broken down as follows

CSR for dining and non airplane travel
Freedom for 5x
united Club for non category (I don't want to waste a hp for freedom unlimited plus I need to spend $25k on a united card to get united to waive PQD requirement)

Next is Amex EDP which I use for groceries. As i mostly shop at Costco I get Amex GCs at grocery stores then use them at Costco for for 4.5x MR.

So you rack up MR with your EDP by buying GCs. Then you spend those GCs at Costco. How do Amex purchasing fees affect your profit?

Also if the new card gives 4% cashback, will it replace your EDP for grocery purchase?

I hope all thgose annual fees are justified.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What gives?

Is rewards points on groceries from a personal card really a business concern?

Can a mod move this stuff somewhere else please?

Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What gives?

Is rewards points on groceries from a personal card really a business concern?

Can a mod move this stuff somewhere else please?

Started business, ended personal, original question answered and not really seeing much left in it so just closing it.

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.