Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Business Platinum Prequal

tag
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Amex Business Platinum Prequal

Just got an offer pop up on my online account for the Platinum card for 75k points with $5k spend. Very tempting!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Business Platinum Prequal

Not bad at all

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Gold one! How they know I have a home business is a wonder! Super tempting!

Message 3 of 11
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the Gold one! How they know I have a home business is a wonder! Super tempting!

Well, the offer for the Platinum was gone this morning but there was one for the Gold with the same 75k MR with a $5k spend. I just applied and was approved. Going to use those points for a nice vacation this year. I think this was a better choice since I didn't have a huge annual fee slapped right away.

Message 4 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jace8602 wrote:

Just got an offer pop up on my online account for the Platinum card for 75k points with $5k spend. Very tempting!

I have the card. Unless you do a lot of travel, I don't think it's worth the AF.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 11
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

I have the card. Unless you do a lot of travel, I don't think it's worth the AF.

I do travel a lot for work so I would get either the business or personal card with a nice bonus and low spend, but for now I will settle for the Gold since there is no AF for the first year. 

Message 6 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@jace8602 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

I do travel a lot for work so I would get either the business or personal card with a nice bonus and low spend, but for now I will settle for the Gold since there is no AF for the first year. 

I think you will find that the underwriting standard is the same.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jace8602 wrote:

@Jace8602,

If you do a lot of travelling it is a very good card.  If you can, hold out for the 75k points with 2k spend.  That was the offer I received when I got my card.

Message 8 of 11
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

@Jace8602,

If you do a lot of travelling it is a very good card.  If you can, hold out for the 75k points with 2k spend.  That was the offer I received when I got my card.

I was approved for the Gold and won't have a problem meeting the spend but will definitely keep an eye on the Platinum bonus. Do you know if the MR from the business cards is pooled with the MR from the personal cards? 

Message 9 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

@Jace8602,

I was approved for the Gold and won't have a problem meeting the spend but will definitely keep an eye on the Platinum bonus. Do you know if the MR from the business cards is pooled with the MR from the personal cards? 

Yes MR are MR points with Amex business or personal

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.