Contributor
jonmartin

Amex Business cards and Previous BK

I was wondering if I should apply for an AMEX business card but I'm wondering if thats a bad idea since I had a BK that included them on my personal credit back in 08 Is this going to hurt my chances des[ite having built up Business credit somewhat? I have two business credit cards and an Auto loan under my company all of which I PG'd for. At first I thought that I would have no chance but since I was able to obtain a Chase INK card without much hassle under the business well before Chase would give me a personal card. I figured AMEX might have different standards for business cards like Chase. Also I wanted to know if havin an AMEX merchant account would help my chances at all if I were to get one. I currently use Square for my CC transactions and get about $20-30k a month through the service I wouldn't mind having the AMEX merchant account if it helped me get back in their good graces eventually. Even though their fees are higher then Square.

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature $5,000
NFCU NavCheck LOC $10,000
Chase INK Cash $5,000
Chase Freedom $1,500
Bank of America Cash reward 123 $5,000
Barclays Arrival World MC $3,000
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Amex Business cards and Previous BK

jonmartin wrote:

I was wondering if I should apply for an AMEX business card but I'm wondering if thats a bad idea since I had a BK that included them on my personal credit back in 08 Is this going to hurt my chances des[ite having built up Business credit somewhat? I have two business credit cards and an Auto loan under my company all of which I PG'd for. At first I thought that I would have no chance but since I was able to obtain a Chase INK card without much hassle under the business well before Chase would give me a personal card. I figured AMEX might have different standards for business cards like Chase. Also I wanted to know if havin an AMEX merchant account would help my chances at all if I were to get one. I currently use Square for my CC transactions and get about $20-30k a month through the service I wouldn't mind having the AMEX merchant account if it helped me get back in their good graces eventually. Even though their fees are higher then Square.

You got Chase $5k Business with BK - Do you have checking with them for the Square Account?

I would not think Amex would be even a close option but if you don't bank with Chase and got that kind of Credit from them, then I might have to rethink my thoughts!

Fico Scores: EQ- 656 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 700 Chase (12-17-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Contributor
jonmartin

Re: Amex Business cards and Previous BK

Yes I bank with Chase personal and with Business

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature $5,000
NFCU NavCheck LOC $10,000
Chase INK Cash $5,000
Chase Freedom $1,500
Bank of America Cash reward 123 $5,000
Barclays Arrival World MC $3,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}