Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Corp Card, need direct number to someone

tag
Klesko
Regular Contributor

Amex Corp Card, need direct number to someone

I IIB Amex in 2009, when I took a new position at work they require that I apply for Amex Corp. Now I thought there was a good chance I was on the BL but went ahead. They pulled my credit but I got a rejection letter saying about my forcosure and not that I IIB them. So I called the number on the letter and they told me that the BK has to be older than 5 years. Well my credit was pulled Dec 1st and my BK was dischared Dec 10 2009. So If that is the only hold up I figure anyone who looked at my report would see that.

The number I talked to said they could not discuss my credit and they sent me to their credit department but they told me that department is only for existing customers. 

So what should I do here?

Now on a seperate note, I applied for the personal blue cash card today and was told I was declined due to Amex cancelling my account in the past.

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Corp Card, need direct number to someone

@Klesko wrote:

I IIB Amex in 2009, when I took a new position at work they require that I apply for Amex Corp. Now I thought there was a good chance I was on the BL but went ahead. They pulled my credit but I got a rejection letter saying about my forcosure and not that I IIB them. So I called the number on the letter and they told me that the BK has to be older than 5 years. Well my credit was pulled Dec 1st and my BK was dischared Dec 10 2009. So If that is the only hold up I figure anyone who looked at my report would see that.

The number I talked to said they could not discuss my credit and they sent me to their credit department but they told me that department is only for existing customers. 

So what should I do here?

Now on a seperate note, I applied for the personal blue cash card today and was told I was declined due to Amex cancelling my account in the past.

Your employer is putting you up to this. Your employer is a customer of AMEX. Your employer (HR? Travel Support?) has people who know people at AMEX who can get this sorted for you. Talk to your HR department, or whoever sent you the notice that you need to apply for an AMEX travel card. That is a very specific request from them for a very specific reason: They want you to have one for their expense management. They need to take the next steps to ensure you get it.

Good luck!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Agree your employer should be able to get you approved for this... Well not even approved, just get you the card as far as I know..  Shouldn't even be a credit check involved.  That is if it is a corporate card that they are responsible for

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with the posts above. Just to verify... Your employer REQUIRED that you open an AMEX card on your own? My employer supplied me with a corporate Amex card two years ago, which was before I started rebuilding my credit. I never had a HP of my credit... I was just added to the Amex account. Amex is a difficult company to get in with, even with good credit. Your employer needs to sort this out for you.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. You shouldn't be put under this stress. Contact HR. Let them deal with it.

Message 5 of 8
Klesko
Regular Contributor

So I called the corporate offices of Amex. They put me through to someone in the corp division who could help. They talked with me for a bit and told me they would research it and call me back. He called me back about 30 minutes later and told me I was approved and would get the card in 7-10 days. 

So in the end it all went well.. Thank goodness. 

Penfed Visa 10k | Penfed PLOC 25k | Citi Hhonors 10k | Total Rewards Visa $25k | Alliant Visa $15k | Barclays Arrival + $13k | Barclays AAdvantage $5k | Barclays Apple $2.2k | CapOne QS WMC $26.5k | CapOne QS $5k | CapOne Plat $5k | Discover 8.5k | Allegacy Visa $6k | DCU Visa $7.5k | Best Buy Visa $11k | Lowes Store Card $30k | Walmart Store Card $10k | Amazon Store Card $25k
Message 6 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats... Glad it all worked out for you!

Message 7 of 8
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval for your Amex Corp card! Continue Success in The World of Credit Cards!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.