Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum business card

tag
Riopratap
Valued Member

Amex Platinum business card

Hello guys,

i got a letter for business prequalified Amex platinum card but I applied for blue cash and got approved , the time my blue cash got approved I was preapprovd for Amex gold but didn’t apply that time, it’s like 10 days back, now I am looking for a business credit card. What are my options.

thnaks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum business card

I wouldn't rush into too many cards all at once.  I know that if you applied to two Amex cards on the same day you only got hit with a single inquiry, but spread over two days, you'll get dinged.

Message 2 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Riopratap wrote:

Hello guys,

i got a letter for business prequalified Amex platinum card but I applied for blue cash and got approved , the time my blue cash got approved I was preapprovd for Amex gold but didn’t apply that time, it’s like 10 days back, now I am looking for a business credit card. What are my options.

thnaks

If you really want the Business Platinum card, go for it. Your having recently gotten a personal revolver won't mean a thing. They'll be glad to take your huge annual fee payment.

But a word of caution.... unless you really get to use the MR points and other perks, the card isn't worth the annual fee. In my case it's been basically money down the drain.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 16
Riopratap
Valued Member

Thanks guys,

I think I  will wait for a month then I will apply for  a buinesss card, I have to decide which one will be better.

I just want to separate my business expenditure from my personal spending. 

Message 4 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you received decent limit on your personal blue either new business blue plus or simply cash plus are great business revolving options.  Otherwise, charge card is an easy approval.

Amex doesn't care about 2, sometimes even 3 apps in a day or couple week span! especially personal and business.

Also now that you are a cardholder, it's not a hp anymore for new apps!

Message 5 of 16
Riopratap
Valued Member

Thanks ,

got 10k limit on blue cash personal. What do you think what would be the best card to choose ? Don’t want Amex platinum right now.

Message 6 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Do you want cash or travel.
If not a lot of business spend I'd say cash
And since you chose cash for personal it probably doesn't make sense to do membership rewards on business.
Message 7 of 16
Riopratap
Valued Member

Cash 

Message 8 of 16
Riopratap
Valued Member

I mean I don’t want cash, I mean cash back.i have a good liquidity. Just want to have a separate business credit card with better cash back option.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

If you received decent limit on your personal blue either new business blue plus or simply cash plus are great business revolving options.  Otherwise, charge card is an easy approval.

Amex doesn't care about 2, sometimes even 3 apps in a day or couple week span! especially personal and business.

Also now that you are a cardholder, it's not a hp anymore for new apps!

So if you are a personal card Amex holder, applying for an Amex business card will be a SP?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.