Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Plum - Call Now For Decision

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Amex Plum - Call Now For Decision

Mods - I posted this originally in business credit but think it is better suited here.

My wife and I started a photography business as a side job to make some extra cash and our LLC ppwk just came through this week.  We decided to apply for a Plum card, which I just did and got a message to call Amex right away for an instant decision.  I'm at work now and wouldn't have time for a long phone call so I'll have to call when I get home tonight, but I'm just wondernig if anyone else has ever received this message.  What kind of add'l information would they be looking for ? Is this generally good or bad towards an ultimate approval ?

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Plum - Call Now For Decision

Did you check the status of the application?  It should give the status of the application. 

link:

http://www.americanexpress.com/applicationstatus

Ron.

Message 2 of 14
n777ua
Established Contributor

Yeah, it reads "in progress"

Message 3 of 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

You're going to hear something from them within 2 to 3 days.  I think your application will go under manual review. Do you have any Amex card?

Ron.

Message 4 of 14
n777ua
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

You're going to hear something from them within 2 to 3 days.  I think your application will go under manual review. Do you have any Amex card?

Ron.

NPSL Plat

BCE $10k limit

HH Surpass $11.3k limit

Message 5 of 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

NPSL Plat

BCE $10k limit

HH Surpass $11.3k limit

I think they want to talk you to verify your ID.  Do you have any other business card with other banks? They didn't ask me to call when I applied for my Plum Card.

Ron.

Message 6 of 14
n777ua
Established Contributor

No, we just got our LLC formed recently.  This is our first business product.

Message 7 of 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

No, we just got our LLC formed recently.  This is our first business product.

Ok. I guess you don't any business credit, right? They might want you to show your company licesne and other docs (dnb number) to proof your company's exsistence. 

Ron.

Message 8 of 14
laboi_22
Established Contributor

When I applied for my Business Green I got this same exact message. All they wanted was to verify some information including address and SSN and then they approved me took 5 mins. I didn't have to provide any business paperwork at all. You should have a similar experience. Let us know the results!

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 9 of 14
n777ua
Established Contributor

First of all the good news, I was approved.  BUT, Amex really made me work for it Smiley Happy

Call #1. Called Amex and gave the rep my reference #.  The CSR had such a thick accent I really could hardly understand anything she was asking me.  I kept asking her to repeat her questions over and over, and finally the line was "disconnected" without really getting anywhere.

Call #2. Another thick accent, but not as bad.  CSR made me verify all app information, ie Name, DOB, addy (which was readback wrong), SSN, tele.  I told her the address was incorrect, the "updating" took 3 minutes b/c of the language barrier.  Finally, she asked if she could go ahead and continue processing the application.  Yes, of course!  Then (and this is my fault) my EX was locked and she wanted the pin.  I said I'd unlock my self and call back.  $10 and 2 minutes later, I call back.

Call #3. Again, we verify name, DOB, mailing address (readback wrong), SSN, tele.  Address updated again.  Asked to process the app.  Yes, please process the app!  She said it would take 2-3 minutes.  I was on hold for 12 (I was looking at my phone timer).  "Thank you for your patience Mr. (click)."  Just like that, the line is disconnected.

Call #4. Name, DOB, mailing address, SSN, tele.  Address was correct.  I asked if I was approved or denied.  The CSR said that even though I was verified, to continue processing the application Amex needed to call me to verify the telephone number.  I said fine and hang up.

Call #5.  An unexpected twist...Amex calls me! Smiley Tongue  Name, DOB, mailing address, SSN.  The caller ID was a Utah number.  Quick verification, account approved, cards overnighted.  And as for me, I'm off to get a stiff drink.

Thanks for the approval Amex, I think.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.