Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PreQualify?

tag
klrmac
Regular Contributor

Amex PreQualify?

Does this mean my business has been prequalified? I do not see any APR or anything however.

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
klrmac
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex PreQualify?

After talking to the rep in chat, she stated no APR since it's paid in full every month.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kirmac,

This is a charge card and a balance cannot be carried on the card.  You are required to pay in full any amount that is owed at the end of the month.

Message 3 of 7
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

The Amex prequalifications are usually spot-on, meaning you could click the link and likely be approved.

There is an offer for higher points, but it also requires a higher spend. One reiew I read made it sound like the extra spend didn't justify the MR points.

Depending on the offer, your annual fee is only waived for the first year.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 4 of 7
klrmac
Regular Contributor

I'm undecided if I want to app for it. It would still be PG and a HP on my personal reports. However, this would be my first and only card (charge or not) on my business account in 4 years since I started my LLC.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@klrmac wrote:
I'm undecided if I want to app for it. It would still be PG and a HP on my personal reports. However, this would be my first and only card (charge or not) on my business account in 4 years since I started my LLC.

@klrmac,

If you are not sure, don't apply yet.  I got an offer for the same card thus 75,000 points with only 2k spend.  If you are not in any hurry for the card, wait it out.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just closed this card. There is no psl,but after having it for two years. I checked to see what amount would be approved and I couldn't buy a big purchase cause in the last six months my spend was down on it and they average the last six months. So if I only spent six thousand in that total time then I would only be approved to spend a thousand on purchases. If I spent 30000 in that time frame then I could spend 5000. I found this out from the csr after it was denied at a store. Nice to look like an idiot at store when you know it has a zero bal every month. Needless to say it wasn't going to happen twice. I don't want to have to worry if the charges will be approved. Never once missed a due date. Not really worth the 175 annual fee either. There points are worth about a half cent. Two points just to get a penny. The only thing they have point for point is gift cards. Everything else take twice the points just to purchase something if that makes sense.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.