cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SPG Business app delayed for further verification?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex SPG Business app delayed for further verification?

I apped for SPG Biz and SPG (approved instantly for SPG) It's been over 10 days since my SPB biz application. I called and they told me there are 2 parts. The personal part went through fine and now they need to do part 2 with the business team. 

I thought you DID NOT need to have an ACTUAL business for this card. Amex never asked for my EIN (I do have a business). I suggested to the call rep that maybe it would speed things up if I provided that. He said ok and apparently made a note of it. Anyone have any comments or experience with this? I thought it was a little odd.

There was a huge sign up incentive going right now. 70K starwood points combined. Thats why I apped for both at the same time.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex SPG Business app delayed for further verification?

Definitely a delay because you applied for two revolvers at once, but I'm not sure why it would be so long. I did that last year without knowing the amex rules but all they did was deny app 2, wait 5 days then approve it.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex SPG Business app delayed for further verification?

Same here, went for SPG Biz as well.  Friend said his blue biz took almost 2 weeks to get approved so nothing to worry about.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.