Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SimplyCash CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex SimplyCash CLI?

App'd under the $250 spend $5,000 promo also another $250 after another $10,000 spent promo.

Approved for 6.8k SL we're a new business so that's a good starting point personal FICO was 700 when pulled.

Just wondering I've read a few posts on here that say if you ask at the 6 month mark you're likely to get a 3x CLI. Is this true? If so is there anything additional (other than maintaining the account) you should or need to do to ensure it happens?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex SimplyCash CLI?

Don't need to be 6 months.. I am a bit rusty with Amex Policies, but I believ eit is at 91 days or is it 61 days you can ask for you first CLI.. Obviously the longer they know you the more likely they will to approved you for a CLI and a 3x one.  If in say your first 91 days you put alot of money through them and show that a bigger CL is justified the more likely you will be to get one as well.  They want to get to know you as well as a customer so your call if you want to wait the full 6 months or go for it after 6t1 or 91 days whatever it is before eligable.  Someone else I am sure will chime in on the extact date as I am fuzzy on Amex these days

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you like I said the limit is good to start but within 6 months we would like more especially if we have to run 15k through it just to meet the promo requirements.

Also one more question: When is a good time to ask for an APR reduction? We're under a 0% promo until October then they gave us the worst possible APR 20%.
Message 3 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay thank you like I said the limit is good to start but within 6 months we would like more especially if we have to run 15k through it just to meet the promo requirements.

Also one more question: When is a good time to ask for an APR reduction? We're under a 0% promo until October then they gave us the worst possible APR 20%.

You can't ask for APR reduction until after the 0% financing offer is over.. I just recently got one for 3% off.. I have a thread posted from last week regarding it.  Believe I am at 12.99+prime now.. Certainly not the best, but getting there.  I had the card for 1.2 years now.  Recently AMEX hasn't been giving permanent apr reductions, but I might of got lucky or they might of started again.  They were giving temporary APR reduction for x periods of time more so then permanent ones

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that would just be silly because then they'd switch the 0% to just a regular rate lol

Just prepping for the future something is better than nothing I'd rather be on an APR reduction promo than paying my regular APR of 20%
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.