cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SimplyCash Plus Approved with low SL $2K

Valued Member

Amex SimplyCash Plus Approved with low SL $2K

4th Amex since April 2016. 3 personal, 1 biz. 

Barclay Ring 11K || BOA CR 25K || AAFES 3.9K || Chase Disney 9K || ToysRUS 3.5K || Discover IT 5K || NFCU 25K || NFCU CLOC 15K || PenFed 7K || Citi DP 4K || Lowes 17K || Amazon SC 6K || Nordstrom VS 20K || Macy's 10K || Citi DC 4K || Delta AMEX 12K || Care Credit 12K || AMEX Mercedes 10K|| AMEX HILTON 9.5K || AMEX BCP 15K || BHG 11.3K || BHG Biz 11.3K || BJ's Biz 12K || Citi AA 1.5K || Chevron Biz 2K || Amex Cash Biz 2K || Gardening until 6/2017
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex SimplyCash Plus Approved with low SL $2K

You can always try to get a CLI down the road...the good news is that they approved your application, congrats Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 6
Established Contributor

@op congratulations on the approval, even if its $2000 at least you got approved.
Message 3 of 6
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval.

Same exact thing happened to me last month. However, I had an $18K credit limit on my personal Blue Cash Rewards card and I was able to move $8,000 of it to my SimplyCash so I now have a $10,000 credit limit. Will ask for 3x CLI when I hit the 6 month period. You might be able to do the same if you have another credit line available with Amex.

Remember, this card is basically meant for you to go over the credit limit so although the revolving portion is low, you'll easily be able to go over the $2,000. You just have to pay that portion in full each month. I tried the spending tool just out of curiosity and was approved to charge $15,000.

UM

Message 4 of 6
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. I was just approved last month and was able to do a CLI at activation. Too late for you to do that now, but as others have said perhaps move CL from other cards or ask for 3x CLI at the 6 month mark.

AMEX (BCP - $25K, Platinum - NPSL, SCP Bus - $17.5K, SPG - $20K)|BOA (BBR - $15K, CR - $15K)|Barclays (Arrival+ - $17.5K, Ring - $15K)|Blispay - $10K|CAP1 (QS - $30K, Venture - $30K)|Chase (AARP - $15K, freedom - $5.5K, CSP - $25K, MRP Bus - $15K, Slate - $13.5K)|Citibank (DC - $28.2K, HD - $25K)|Discover it - $32.5K|Fidelity IR - $16K|Huntington Voice - $17K|LMCU - $10K|NFCU (cashRewards - $30K, GoRewards - $30K, CLOC - $15K)|PFCU (CR - $30K, Defender - $20K, LOC - $10K)|Synchrony Lowe's - $25K|US Bank Cash + ($12.5K, $21K)|USAA (Cash Rewards - $16K, Rewards - $23.4K, WPAOG - $10.5K)
Message 5 of 6
Valued Contributor

BigBS wrote:

Congrats on the approval. I was just approved last month and was able to do a CLI at activation. Too late for you to do that now, but as others have said perhaps move CL from other cards or ask for 3x CLI at the 6 month mark.

Asking for CLI's for this card is the same as it is for Amex's personal cards?
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 6 of 6