cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SimplyCash+ (first biz approval) + milestone!

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Amex SimplyCash+ (first biz approval) + milestone!

I decided it was time to start building business credit for my business, so I went to the OPEN site to apply and decided to call in to app, a lot of the language was confusing and I didn't want to put inaccurate info in the app. Went through all the disclousures and submitted the app, rep told me it went to pending. After I hanged up I called New Accounts, apparently New Accounts handles both personal and business apps. After rep processed app, came back approved for $22.2k with mid-tier APR of 17.49%. SHOCKED!! With all my recent activity, and a new car lease reporting I thought I would get denied or get a $1-5k CL with max APR. I plan on getting a CLI on mt EDP in the next few months and then combining every revolver into a 35-40k CL (but thats 9+ months away). This also puts me past 300k in credit limits, $301.05k to be exact. Not to bad for a 19 year old...

Data Points:

Pulled EX at 719 (down because of recent balances reporting, but PIF as always), my first revolver with amex was a $1k CL with max apr (BCP), second was EDP and approved with a 10k CL with max apr, and now this, about 3 months between each account opening, so they seem to be liking me more and more.

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 9.40.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-05 at 9.43.17 PM.png

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex SimplyCash+ (first biz approval) + milestone!

Congrats! They only gave me 3k lol but that's enough for my little side business so it's ok.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a fantastic approval and SL, congrats on your success !

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding! Congrats on the approval and great SL on this. 

Message 4 of 8
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the HUGE approval for the SimplyCash+ card!

The SimplyCash+ card is subject to the four credit card maximum with Amex. Whether business or personal, four cards are the maximum. I've heard some tales about Starwood perhaps being allowed as a fifth card...  Starwood is merging with Marriott, so this could be a last gasp to collect some cardholders or higher fees if Chase merges the their Marriott Visa with the Starwood Amex.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 5 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Belated congrats.
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!

Message 7 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Another belated congrats. Got approved around the same time myself. Did you get the $250 for $3K spend promo, as well?

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.