Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Starwood Business card.

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Amex Starwood Business card.

I can't believe how far I have come in just two years of building my credit profile, and for the most part I have this forum to thank for all my success. 

I did an app spree about 2-3 weeks ago, but these three cards were itching me so I decided to app for them tonight..

I first put through an application for the Amex Starwood Business card, was instantly approved as I was going through and setting up the card, approved for $25,000!

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 5.44.51 PM.png

Right after I set the account up I called the Platinum Card customer service number and decided to close my first American Express card, my Blue Cash Preferred card, which was stuck at a $1,000 limit and max APR, kinda sad to see it go but it feels good to drop some dead weight.. After I claim the Travel Credits on my Mercedes-Benz Platinum, Platinum and Premier Rewards Gold Card(s) for this year those will also be getting the closing hammer. As an added data point, my total exposure with American Express is $57,200 between business and personal cards. Anyone know if you can move business to business with American Express? I know you can go from personal to business but am unsure of business to business.

Next up was Chase, I first submitted an application for the British Airways card and it went to pending, called the verification line and after it was verified that it was me who applied for the card it was approved for $24,500, then I hung up and then submitted an application for a Fairmount card, which again went to pending and by the time I tried to call the verification line again they were closed for today.. As another added datapoint my exposure with Chase now is $57,500, so I suspect the Fairmount card application is likely being handled by Lending and will likely get denied or will get approved for the $5,000 min. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 5.59.08 PM.png

My end goal is to close my Ritz, Hyatt, and even this British Airways card and move the limits around to make my AARP card $50,000 and my Marriott card $5,000+.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase British Airways Approval + Amex Starwood Business card.

Nice job congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Nice job indeed! 

Message 3 of 17
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Congrats on a couple of really nice approvals!

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I just closed out my BA card and moved the limit over to my new and highly coveted (for me at least) Fairmont Card. It proved a good card for me I got when Chase was doing 100k avios, and I put $30k in spending to get the BOGO pass but the avios program is real tricky to get a good value from. 

Message 5 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I moved the thread to put the business approval in the right section; if you'd like to repost the personal approvals under the standard Approvals forum please do so.

--Rev

        
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wilwar, congrats on the approval but i have a question.  What kind of business do you have and revenue listed to get the $25K limit?  I thought you were still in school or am I confusing you with someone else?

Message 7 of 17
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Starwood Business card.

Your confusing me with someone else..
Message 8 of 17
awp317
Frequent Contributor

I just appled for the SPG business and was given a measly 3k lol. I had no idea you could move personal to buisness though. thought they were like chase on that matter.

My optima platinum is just sitting sock drawyered. Might move over some limit from that to the SPG. SO that begs the question the 61 day CLI does that mean 3X the limit after reallocating or just 3x the limit that you were given origonally. Big Congrats on your success btw. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 9 of 17
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Thanks all, I think I should include I have been running $10,000+ every month through my Simply Cash+ card, and PIF every month, so the amount of spend likely has a big factor in this.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.