Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex biz charge card

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Amex biz charge card

Is it verboten to place a charge for a medical bill? Only had the card for a few weeks and this would be first use If allowed? Obviously, it would be PIF on a charge product.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex biz charge card

I personally wouldn't mix Biz and personal charges.  Alot of charges can slip under the radar, but a medical bill if personal which it sounds like it is could be a no no on a biz card.  If it is only one charge, doubt it will raise any flags, but they like to keep their products seperated

Message 2 of 5
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

If anyone asks ... it's a medical expense being reimbursed by the business... they won't go any deeper Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:
Is it verboten to place a charge for a medical bill? Only had the card for a few weeks and this would be first use If allowed? Obviously, it would bePIF on a charge product.

Your business correct? Sole proprietor? Sure it's fine. I put all sorts of personal charges on my Amex business cards. I also put all sorts of business chages on my Amex personal cards. Never an issue, just use and pay when due. No need to pay before bill posts as it's a business card and does not report to your personal report for UTL (unless you default). 

Message 4 of 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

Yes soleP, thanks all for your helpful info and f/b!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.