Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex business cards

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Amex business cards

I see the signup on the amex business blue ends tomorrow. I have an amex business gold card and an amex business spg. I also have two american express personal cards. Is there a total limit of amex cards you can have or limit on number of business cards you can have? Might just grab this for the signup and since its no AF will just keep in long term  All my amex cards are revolvers except for the business gold which is a charge. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex business cards

yes, they will give at max 5 revolvers to one person (doesn't matter between personal or business, 5 total) but you can have all the charge cards you want.

I also tried for the blue for business but they actually denied me mostly because I hadn't yet PIF the SPG Business this month. Oh well.

Message 2 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yes, they will give at max 5 revolvers to one person (doesn't matter between personal or business, 5 total) but you can have all the charge cards you want.

I also tried for the blue for business but they actually denied me mostly because I hadn't yet PIF the SPG Business this month. Oh well.

What do you mean you had not PIF the SPG? Like you were carrying a balance? Or you had a balance due but did not hit the due date yet?

;
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the due date is February 14, statement balance was 3k. I will have it paid fully by February 10 but Amex denied my Blue For Business app citing too high of balances with them.
Message 4 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah the due date is February 14, statement balance was 3k. I will have it paid fully by February 10 but Amex denied my Blue For Business app citing too high of balances with them.

Were you using up almost all your credit with them? I have never been denied for that issue. I could understand if someone was carrying a balance but it seems a bit excessive if the balance isn't even due and they are holding that against people. 

;
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really... SPG business was 3k/10k, SCP was 0/3k, SPG personal was 0/18k, and ED was 2k/8k 

Message 6 of 8
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not really... SPG business was 3k/10k, SCP was 0/3k, SPG personal was 0/18k, and ED was 2k/8k 

Maybe they just gave that as a reason. Dunno the age of your cards etc, but I can't imagine that alone would be the reason they would deny you. If many of your cards are newer then I could see them wanting more time to get comfortable before giving more credit. Your balances seemed perfectly reasonable. 

;
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

AaoA is 3.5 years, but I have been with Amex only 9 months. Going to ask for recon in a few days when all the balances are zero or close to it.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.