Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex gold

tag
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Amex gold

Just a question regarding Amex gold card. I always pay before the due date most of the time it's right when the bill is cut. What happens if your receivables come in a little late. Does Amex have a grace period ? Would that affect personal amex cc? It's never happened before but I'm in construction and some day it could

SIlver:

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
rlx01
Established Contributor

Re: Amex gold

Technically you have until the next statement cuts to pay. But that's asking for trouble.

If you need to revolve some balance there's either Pay over time or applying for a credit card.
Message 2 of 9
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Thanks Rix. No I'm just fine now but there's been times were I have to wait a few days or one week

SIlver:

Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

IMHO look into getting a Amex or Ink revolver for those just in case times better safe than sorry 

And by you paying when bill cuts you still have about 2 weeks before bill is actually due and since its not reported on personal credit UTL really doesn't matter all that much IMO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Thanks MJ. I have a simple cash revolver but it only has a 4k CL. Went for 3x CLi got denied Smiley Sad. Anyways I've got a few jobs I'm doing put about 21k on my gold most of the time my clients pay on time but sometimes a week late is not uncommon

SIlver:

Message 5 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Stonemanmv wrote:
Thanks MJ. I have a simple cash revolver but it only has a 4k CL. Went for 3x CLi got denied Smiley Sad. Anyways I've got a few jobs I'm doing put about 21k on my gold most of the time my clients pay on time but sometimes a week late is not uncommon

Trust me been there done that... I have good clients but it has happened to me as well thankfully never longer than 2 weeks 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 9
mab6311
New Contributor

21K a month?!!! WOW!
Message 7 of 9
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Your situation can be cured with good cashflow. It took me years but I am finally in a place where I have the cash on hand to satisfy the debt of my spending via credit cards for the business without having to wait patiently for a client to pay so I can pay a bill that is due. It's really a place you need to try to get to sooner than later. As a business owner you have to be aware of the risks of a client not paying on a timely bases - or not paying at all. To be out a great deal of funds with no recourse sucks. Please be careful as you are using a charge card as a financing tool. That's not how it was intended to be used. 

I hope I am not coming across lecturing, I don't mean it that way. Trust me, I have done what you are doing and got burned. Bad. Had to sell my car to pay my employees and catch a ride to work from same employees. Took me months to pay off suppliers a little at a time. I learned a valuable lesson with no permanent harm. I now get money up front and have progress payments set up. Good and trustworthy customers are extended terms ranging from net 7 to net 30. I always have sufficient cash in the bank to finance 100% of a project in the event I have a client not pay. 

Message 8 of 9
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Scenery: thanks advice appreciated I'm trying to get to that place. I just bought a house in April and clean out my cash flow hopefully in a couple of months I'll be setSmiley Happy

SIlver:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.