cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another One Bites The Dust... Barclay Business US Airways CLD!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Another One Bites The Dust... Barclay Business US Airways CLD!!

I always think most of the posts on Barclay or to sensitive to them being negative with new accounts and INQ's etc.

it's my partners card and Account is 4 months old I think... Credit Line was $15k.

I just last month put in 2 BT's, one for $4k, and one for $2k... all previous charges before the 2 BT's had been PIF.

I literally paid my first payment today since the BT's and it's not even due yet and I received a letter that they CLD to $6,450.

Letter states that "Growth rate of overall debt is too high"

it's 0% and everything.... 

oh well!

Knock on wood NAVY still likes us and we are just riding out the 0% then will knock some of these out and see where things stand at that point... just interesting to issue 0% for BT and the CL but then turn around and be like WOOOHHH... stop stop, you can't use the CL's!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brianinpa18330grh
Valued Member

Re: Another One Bites The Dust... Barclay Business US Airways CLD!!

Call them!! I get a cld on my frontier biz card with them every couple months and it has been maxed out for a year. They always reinstate the CL. I tell them it was a BT. Definitely call.
Message 2 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Just to find out more about the big picture. Have you been dragging high balances? Or was it mostly due to balances being double reported on 2 cards because of BT?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Just to find out more about the big picture. Have you been dragging high balances? Or was it mostly due to balances being double reported on 2 cards because of BT?

I posted when the app was approved on here, I believe at the time 3 of his new cards were reporting and a few were in the works so no question balances have probably about doubled... in paticular a Bank of America opened around the same time but a personal card with a $15k limit is currently at $14k+ (I'm assuming that is what really triggered them)

but the TU score has not changed much

the util. is 26% NOW, dont really think that changed to to much just because with any new balance that Barclay is seeing is a new card.

They had asked at time of approval about the higher balances and we told them then they were 0% and the guy was like no problem, we can approve... they didn't really care to much.

I'll try calling because no harm but not really to worried either... while I say i think it's silly they give the high limit, then take it away when you use it... I also understand that they gave the high limit before knowing of the high limit at BofA being opened and the full balance reporting on the Discover that they saw... so it's about a $20k increase in debt since acount opening according to their computers probably, so I'm not crying about it if they don't want to reset it until he shows some of this stuff paid off!

Message 4 of 10
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

gl creditaddict! and i agree with you...why give that cl if you're not allowed to use it...

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

okay, we just got off the phone with Barclay and while the guy assumed that everything was 0% he didn't like the 60% increase (little over double like I thought) in just 4 months and in the end said while everything is still great on credit and had no complaints about INQ, new accounts, or overall util, just to fast of a increase.  said anytime we pay it down to call back and they will see to increase again... he was nice guy

Message 6 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Well at least they are willing to increase it back, so it ain't so bad then. I was worried about my own situation because all my cards are reporting a balance this cycle, and 2 cards are maxed out.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 10
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the CLD, it seems you never know what to do to avoid AA nowadays. There is a thread about this like every day now. Everytime I read a CLD thread, I go check my accounts...whew, safe...for now.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 8 of 10
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

New accounts with rapid increasing debt is no good even if its under 0% promotion. Barclay saw me open 19 new accounts in 12 months and go from 8k total CL to 100k and never bothered me. But my utl stayed at <1% all the time. So i wouldnt say Barclay CLD you just cuz they felt like it.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 9 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
New accounts with rapid increasing debt is no good even if its under 0% promotion. Barclay saw me open 19 new accounts in 12 months and go from 8k total CL to 100k and never bothered me. But my utl stayed at <1% all the time. So i wouldnt say Barclay CLD you just cuz they felt like it.

True... because back about 1-2 years ago when everyone was so hot on the apple card but then saying they closed me for opening new accounts and that scare of don't apply to barlcay if you want to apply to other cards too... I opened Barclay and opened 6-8 more after them... I even poked barclay with CLI request at 6 months... they did a HP and never said anything about all the new accounts.

I wish they would have considered that this is a business card a little more and that we have no revolving debt on the business besides this card but that's why I would have gotten a Charge Card if I needed something right now for day to day because of things like this... although charge card has it's own set of issues... nothing is safe. lol (jk)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.