cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any downsides to canceling Amex Plum (esp given BB+)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any downsides to canceling Amex Plum (esp given BB+)?

I opened a Plum Card exactly one day before Amex released the Blue Business Plus. Now I have both and am wondering if there'd be any downside to closing the Plum at some point before the first annual fee is due.

Would there be any disadvantage to my developing my businss credit if I were to close the Plum? My rationale in getting it was that (from what I've read) busines credit scores give extra points for early payments, and the Plum card rewards early payments, which I figured could mean they'd be likely to report early payments as early. But I don't even know if Amex has Plum (or any other business credit or charge cards) report to any of the major business reporting agencies. (If it matters, the Plum was the fist business card I opened, though I got a Chase Ink Cash about a week later and the BB+ 3-4 weeks after that.)

The perk terms are largely redundant for my purposes with the BB+ having the edge, especailly given its lack of annual fee.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Any downsides to canceling Amex Plum (esp given BB+)?

Your Plum card isn't reporting to any business credit reports, close it any time you want

Message 2 of 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

It does report to be sinews, D&B.
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is sinews?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.