cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get a 2nd AMEX when the first is nearly maxed out?

Valued Member

Anyone get a 2nd AMEX when the first is nearly maxed out?

Hello everyone I signed up for the blue business Plus Card about 4 months ago started me off very low @ 2k and I have the card nearly maxed. Has anyone been able to get a second business card with the first one maxed out. I'm sitting about 760 FICO and only 3 ima on exp.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone get a 2nd AMEX when the first is nearly maxed out?

Can't answer the question for a nearly maxed out card, but I can share about approvals while carrying considerable balances at least. I got a second biz Amex when my first one was around 30% utilization. Had around $3k on my $10k B4B, approved for $9k for BBP. Similarly, while at around $2500 of the BBP's $9k, got approved for SPG Biz but only at $3k (The B4B was completely paid off at this approval, for what it's worth).
AMEX Ameriprise Plat, PRG, B4B, BB+, SPG, SPG Biz, ED
BofA Alaska Biz, Travel Rewards, Cash Rewards, BBR
Discover it | | Citi Double Cash | Chase Hyatt | FNBO Travelite
Barclaycard Ring, Jet Blue | US Bank Cash+
Amazon Store Card | Target REDCard
Message 2 of 5
Valued Member

Thank you for responding when you got your second and third Amex did you get it with a softpull or did they hit you up for more inquiries?
Message 3 of 5
Regular Contributor

All my biz cards have been SP approvals actually.  I've had 3 total HPs for 8 AMEX cards.  My first ever (Hilton, which I have since closed), my second (SPG Personal, opened in Sept. 2016), and my Ameriprise Plat (opened Apr. 2017).  The rest of the approvals had no HP.

AMEX Ameriprise Plat, PRG, B4B, BB+, SPG, SPG Biz, ED
BofA Alaska Biz, Travel Rewards, Cash Rewards, BBR
Discover it | | Citi Double Cash | Chase Hyatt | FNBO Travelite
Barclaycard Ring, Jet Blue | US Bank Cash+
Amazon Store Card | Target REDCard
Message 4 of 5
Regular Contributor

I've opened 3 new Amex Business cards since July and all have been Softpulls. 

Biz Gold 

Biz Plus

Biz Delta Gold 

As others have stated, I cannot comment to the maxed out part, I was carrying a balance on my Plus (65% util) when I was instantly approved for the Business Delta Gold. 

Amex Biz Plat | Amex Biz Gold | Amex Biz Plus | Amex BCP | Amex PRG | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Freedom Unl | BoA 123 Sig | Delta Biz Gold | Discover IT | Macy's Amex | PayPal Extras MC | and a couple store cards | Starting Score 618 EX (2/2014) - Today All 3 above 815 | MyFico Rocks |
Message 5 of 5