cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get a 2nd AMEX when the first is nearly maxed out?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone get a 2nd AMEX when the first is nearly maxed out?

Hello everyone I signed up for the blue business Plus Card about 4 months ago started me off very low @ 2k and I have the card nearly maxed. Has anyone been able to get a second business card with the first one maxed out. I'm sitting about 760 FICO and only 3 ima on exp.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone get a 2nd AMEX when the first is nearly maxed out?

Can't answer the question for a nearly maxed out card, but I can share about approvals while carrying considerable balances at least. I got a second biz Amex when my first one was around 30% utilization. Had around $3k on my $10k B4B, approved for $9k for BBP. Similarly, while at around $2500 of the BBP's $9k, got approved for SPG Biz but only at $3k (The B4B was completely paid off at this approval, for what it's worth).
Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding when you got your second and third Amex did you get it with a softpull or did they hit you up for more inquiries?
Message 3 of 5
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

All my biz cards have been SP approvals actually.  I've had 3 total HPs for 8 AMEX cards.  My first ever (Hilton, which I have since closed), my second (SPG Personal, opened in Sept. 2016), and my Ameriprise Plat (opened Apr. 2017).  The rest of the approvals had no HP.

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've opened 3 new Amex Business cards since July and all have been Softpulls. 

Biz Gold 

Biz Plus

Biz Delta Gold 

As others have stated, I cannot comment to the maxed out part, I was carrying a balance on my Plus (65% util) when I was instantly approved for the Business Delta Gold. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.