Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App'd at Amazon, '7-10 Days' Message...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App'd at Amazon, '7-10 Days' Message...

Any thoughts? Did anyone who got approved get this message or is this the dreaded 'thanks we'll call you' message? Is there a # to call to follow-up?  I liked the app because a) it didn't require PG and b) didn't require income statement (I don't have the $2MM-$5MM most CCs required)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App'd at Amazon, '7-10 Days' Message...

I was approved back in may with a credit line of 1500 online. my paydex was

80 when i applied. I don't have the customer service #  on hand but you can

google www.gemoney.com/amazom and you'll get the #

Message 2 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I got 7-10 day message last year when I applied, called immediately and was eventually approved for 3k after she looked into my business credit more and verified address and such... at some point after a few months I went over my 3k limit and they automatically increased me to $4500!!
Message 3 of 13
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

They are going to pull DNB And Equifax Business They look at equifax more than Duns. If you already have some Gemb Cards it might be a yea. But if you have applied for any other Gemb Cards---- Lowes etc and was denied It might not look so good I would call Customer service And see what status looks like. Did you wasnt to get it with no PG?
2wheel
Message 4 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have never been denied for any GE cards, but at the same time I had to talk my way into them all... NONE came with instant approvals.

usually I just have to use simple logic with underwriter that I know my business credit is good and I have other GE cards, there should be no reason why you don't give me another! I think I have all GE cards on the market and they represent my highest business credit lines. I love GE business, just hate GE personal! 

Message 5 of 13
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

I got tired of Gemb a long time ago. I was always getting the could not verify idenity card. So I started doing citibank and they seemed alot better to deal with. There was something wrong with my equifax business file but they wouldnt tell me what to do at the time and equifax wouldnt either. I am probably never going to apply for any Gemb cards ever. At this point I really dont need them anyways
2wheel
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2wheel wrote:
They are going to pull DNB And Equifax Business They look at equifax more than Duns. If you already have some Gemb Cards it might be a yea. But if you have applied for any other Gemb Cards---- Lowes etc and was denied It might not look so good I would call Customer service And see what status looks like. Did you wasnt to get it with no PG?

My Equifax is I am quite sure thin, Duns ok even though Credit Builder was a w-aste; PayDex 80, 2R2, 5 Reporting, top line/transaction $20k, inc'd 2000.
Message 7 of 13
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Shouldnt be no problem unless your age of Duns Is less than 6 months. Credit builder is alright if you got companies not reporting to DNB. I think it sucks that they push you into it At least you can write if off at the end of year
2wheel
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2wheel wrote:
Shouldnt be no problem unless your age of Duns Is less than 6 months. Credit builder is alright if you got companies not reporting to DNB. I think it sucks that they push you into it At least you can write if off at the end of year

Do you mean the age of the Duns # itself, i.e. I should waite (have waited) for my Duns # to age as well? I think I got it in February or so.  Credit Builder was a joke, even with documentation/faxes from vendors etc they wouldn't update vendors correctly, it was the most frustrating experience I have ever had.

I'm going to try Costco I think, do you think with that profile I can get something?  Just trying to get/establish business credit I can use and continue to establish with. Was considering HDMC since I don't mind PGing (if they can do so w/o hard pull)

Message 9 of 13
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Some cards are easier to get than others. Starter business cards requiring duns number. Staples, Exxon -Mobile Office Depot and a few others are good to add to the existing 5 tradelines that DNB gets you but to go after major cards I would wait for at least 1 year of reporting from Duns so your file has some payment history behind it. I had problems getting major cards 5 years ago when file wasent (Aged) But now I could get just about any card I want. I would wait out for a while to go after major cards until after a year of reporting..

Remember store branded cards are going to alot easier to get than the mastercard/visa branded cards

Message Edited by 2wheel on 08-03-2009 05:19 PM
Message Edited by 2wheel on 08-03-2009 05:19 PM
2wheel
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.