Regular Contributor
Mickey11

Applying for Chase Ink Bold

Ok so the time has come, my DW will be applying for the Bold, she has a great record with Chase. She called and was approved last year for 3 of their cards with the recon line. We will probably apply online for the Ink and expect a 7-10 message. Obviously we will call the recon line but I'm trying to prep her for the questions she'll be asked.

Her "business" will consist mostly of managing our upcoming rental property expenses (utilities, cable, phone) along with any repairs as well as her "office" which will be in our personal home. I'm not sure how to have her describe profit/loss and expenses etc. Any pointers?

Also is there a certain place we request to have it upon approval be a MC?

And if I'm not mistaken the 50k UR pts is the best offer currently?

Starting Score: TU 660 EQ 623 EX 644
Current Score: TU 670 EQ 683 EX ???
Goal Score: 700 on all 3

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Established Contributor
Cdnewmanpac

Re: Applying for Chase Ink Bold

As this is a business card, you might get better answers posting in the business credit forum.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Established Contributor
searchingfor67

Mickey11 wrote:
Ok so the time has come, my DW will be applying for the Bold, she has a great record with Chase. She called and was approved last year for 3 of their cards with the recon line. We will probably apply online for the Ink and expect a 7-10 message. Obviously we will call the recon line but I'm trying to prep her for the questions she'll be asked.

Her "business" will consist mostly of managing our upcoming rental property expenses (utilities, cable, phone) along with any repairs as well as her "office" which will be in our personal home. I'm not sure how to have her describe profit/loss and expenses etc. Any pointers?

Also is there a certain place we request to have it upon approval be a MC?

And if I'm not mistaken the 50k UR pts is the best offer currently?

I wasn't asked about losses, only expected profits, as my business is brand new. All Chase business cards are MCs, and yes, the 50K bonus is the best offer currently. I've heard if you apply at a branch, the minimal spend may be less...Hope this helps.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCP $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $10.1K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Discover IT $9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $10K | USAA World MC $9K
Regular Contributor
Mickey11

Two more questions!

1. Who does Chase pull in CA?

2. Can I/Should I ask on the recon line for them to use the same app to raise the limits on our other Chase cards? Or is it a completely seperate part of Chase.

Freedom: $3k, CSP: $5k, Chase Disney Premier: $5k, AmEx Zync: NPSL, Cap1 NH: $750, Cap1 Plat: $750, USC CU: $500
Regular Contributor
Mickey11

Update: Just applied last night with my DW, did it online and got the 7-10 blah blah message. Waited about 2 hours and called the business recon line. They went through a bunch of business related questions with her like how long has it been running, how much revenue, how much profit/loss, last years earnings, what's your "day job" how long have you been doing that, is your income stated correctly. Then asked about some of our current Chase personal CC including one that has a 80% Util. Explained the reason for that and then was asked how much we plan on running through the card each month since it is a charge card. My DW said a min of $5,000 each month so the analyst said he would recommend a starting limit of $5k. After a few minutes on hold he came back and told us those wonderful words: Congratulations, you're approved.

Asked to have the card rushed to us, should be here in 1-2 business days.

Awesome.

Established Contributor
scenery_guy

Congratulations!

New Contributor
Axa

Congrats! Hooray for recon!

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

That's wonderful news

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Chris1

Congrats!

I wish I was approved :-(

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+