Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for chase biz card in branch

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Applying for chase biz card in branch

I am getting ready to apply for a chase ink card and I am wondering if I would get better offers by applying in the branch instead of online (for example lower spend requirements etc).

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Applying for chase biz card in branch

Many times the offers in branch are better. I have seen lower spend for same points so it's a good idea. Solid plan, and if there is an issue your banker can make a recon call while you are sitting there in the chance that you are declined or they need more info. Typically Ink cards require a call anyhow. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

So being its 2014 and I have waited over six months since my last inq I went into the branch to apply for the chase ink plus. I got some young woman has a rep who did not seem to know what she was doing. When I asked if there was any other offers other than the required 5k spend she looked at me like I had two heads. She took my information and applied and then told me it will take 7-10 business days and I would get the card or a letter in the mail. Basically it was a complete waste of time my going down to the branch in this situation. Now I am wondering if I should do what I do with a personal card and call into recon to see if I can speed up the process?

;
Message 3 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

Just an update. Called recon and was denied a chase ink card. Had some delinquncies in the past (2009) which I had explanations for, but the real issue was my active personal accounts have only been open since May & June 2013. Rep told me after they are a year old it should be fine. Chase pulled multiple reports. Overall really disappointed as I needed this card for my business and I have a chase personal card with six months of perfect payment history and auto clis. 

;
Message 4 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Just an update. Called recon and was denied a chase ink card. Had some delinquncies in the past (2009) which I had explanations for, but the real issue was my active personal accounts have only been open since May & June 2013. Rep told me after they are a year old it should be fine. Chase pulled multiple reports. Overall really disappointed as I needed this card for my business and I have a chase personal card with six months of perfect payment history and auto clis. 

Sorry to hear this red259

Wait 6 months and try again 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 6
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@red259 wrote:

So being its 2014 and I have waited over six months since my last inq I went into the branch to apply for the chase ink plus. I got some young woman has a rep who did not seem to know what she was doing. When I asked if there was any other offers other than the required 5k spend she looked at me like I had two heads. She took my information and applied and then told me it will take 7-10 business days and I would get the card or a letter in the mail. Basically it was a complete waste of time my going down to the branch in this situation. Now I am wondering if I should do what I do with a personal card and call into recon to see if I can speed up the process?

Really sorry about the experience you had with the local branch. It happens with virtually all banks it seems.

As you've done, you called recon, and they advised waiting six months. In the meantime, you can always use your personal credit cards for all of those business expenses and have the business reimburse you. (proper accounting).  Use your Chase cards, show them usage, enjoy the personal rewards, and when you call back in the specified timeframe, you can point to those business expenses that you'd really like to have been on a business card instead of the extra accounting hassle. That, and there are business checking account options perhaps you want to explore, and the business credit card is a way to minimize the fees for said account.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.