Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Chase INK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved Chase INK

I applied for the INK cash card and was initially denied. I was like, HUH?

I called and spoke with a business analyst. Really awesome.

I was told that it was an auto denial because I had just been approved for a CC product in August, and they automatically deny when applications are close together. They are very careful with potential fraud, which I must say that I like. 

Asked me a few questions. Mainly a verification of income (2 years), type of business,  and address and I was approved.

I like very much how Chase handled everything. Very friendly and personable. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved Chase INK

Congrats!!!

Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Can't wait to hear limit?

What is your limit on your personal Chase?

Back when this product came out, quite a few of us took stabs at getting it with NO luck!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Can't wait to hear limit?

What is your limit on your personal Chase?

Back when this product came out, quite a few of us took stabs at getting it with NO luck!

I actually read the INK posts before I applied. I was reluctant at first, but I have not been denied anything lately, so I figured I was in a good position. LOL

My limit on my Freedom is only 3k. It is my worst credit limit on any card. I actually called Chase yesterday to see if they could increase my limit without another hard pull, and of course I was told it would have to be  a hard pull since I got the Freedom card in August. They told me they review accounts monthly, and I will be evaluated for an auto increase at some point without having to do a hard pull. How long that will be, I do not know. However, Freedom was my first recent app. Subsequent apps with Discover and Citi gave me 8-10K CL. Hopefully when Chase reviews my reports they will see they gave me the lowest, and will increase accordingly. Or maybe they won't. Who knows.  Freedom has turned out to be my favorite go to personal card. 

INK was a completely different story. They wanted to make sure I had enough for my business transactions.  When I was asked how much I need, I really didn't have an answer. I told them I did not have a lot of expenses, and then rattled some of them off. They asked if 10K was enough, which it was.  I think they would have given more if I asked, but I didn't want it. I know, some will think I am crazy. LOL

Message 4 of 12
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

INK was a completely different story. They wanted to make sure I had enough for my business transactions.  When I was asked how much I need, I really didn't have an answer. I told them I did not have a lot of expenses, and then rattled some of them off. They asked if 10K was enough, which it was.  I think they would have given more if I asked, but I didn't want it. I know, some will think I am crazy. LOL

When I was approved after calling them they ask me how much I needed also. I told them what you said and was ask if 10k is enough I said "YES". Chase is amazing.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you tell me what was your balance ratio on your personal credit and what did your biz credit look like ? I am planning to apply as well. Thx

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My personal Util was between 1-4% at time of application.

Message 7 of 12
professorr
Regular Contributor

I have heard Chase Biz reporting to PERSONAL credit....don't know if thats an issue for you or even if its true/verified. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah that is real low. good for you. I did apply for a friend of mine (I am helping him build his biz & personal credit). What Chase did was very insteresting. They rejected him, I called them up with the reference number, they re considered the application. Took OFF 3 k limit from the 9k limit that he has from one of his chase cards and gave him a BIZ CARD for 3k. talk about making things happen !!

His utilication was 44% and had two Chase cards.

I verified 4 times and they assured me that the Chase Ink card 3K limit WILL report to Biz credit. I aklready knew that but my friend need to hear it.

I have also done a UCC for him using my corp just so he will have more history on his business profile with D&B, Experien etc.

Also has anyone had experience with Chase knocking down theire BUSINESS credit card limits (like Amex does) ?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My INK is not reporting to my personal credit report. If that changes I will let you know.

Chase is actually very good with shuffling around credit limits to approve additional cards. I have not had this happen personally, but I have seen others on this Board with the same luck. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.