Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Chase Ink Plus

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Approved Chase Ink Plus

That was the toughest recon I've ever had to do, but managed to get approved for 5k! New business with fairly low projection for this year. The analyst didn't like my new accounts from January, but when I pointed out that I also closed accounts he was ok with them. I had to have been on the phone with him for 20 minutes talking about the business and my personal credit.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Re: Approved Chase Ink Plus

Congrats! The Ink Plus/Bold are difficult to get, but I think that they're excellent biz cards. Enjoy your new card. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Sorry you had to go thru the interview but it seems Chase is getting tighter on not granting Ink cards to non business applicants. As you know it's a pretty good product and many consumers would like to have one for the 5x categories. 

Good news is once you are in it's easier to get another Ink card. Not always instant but most of the time no call needed. If you do call it's pretty short Q&A on why a new card (still business spending but want separate card to isolate and track certain business spending etc.). If you would like another in the future wait at least 6 months and use the one you have often. They reward usage and watch for bonus hawks. 

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 9
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Yea I recently went through the same with for an Ink Bold. We had an Ink Plus a year or two ago that we closed and I wanted to get another Ink card for the bonus plus 5x spending categories. I should have gone with the Plus for the ability to carry over the balance if need be now that I think about it.

I had to fax info in to verify the business cuz they couldnt even though we have had a business checking with them for 3 years plus an ink plus in the past. When they called me the rep asked all questions about our business and revenue etc. After that I was approved for the Bold with a 15k limit.

Toughest application I have had to go through for a credit card lol.

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 4 of 9
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I'd definitely agree that it was the toughest credit card app I've done as well. Honestly I think a big part of the problem is how hard all of the blogs were pushing consumers with no business to apply. "Oh, you had a garage sale last year? Hey! You’re a sole proprietor! Now go apply for this card so I can make a few bucks on the referral." Especially with such a high spend requirement I'd be pretty wary too if I were Chase.

Edit: Just wanted to add that it looks like they did a triple pull... I can't say for sure as far as EQ, but I got alerts for both TU and EX.

Message 5 of 9
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

sorry for the OT but how are other business cc apps from like amex or citi compared to chase ?

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 6 of 9
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@darkfrosty wrote:

sorry for the OT but how are other business cc apps from like amex or citi compared to chase ?

The apps are about the same (or easier as with Amex) but Chase rivals none with the recon for business info. Citi and Amex don't really ask anything in my case just approved either right away or within a day to two. US Bank (Club Carlson) was another story, no recon call needed but the wait is forever, I got a decline before getting the welcome letter. Long but painless. 

I just closed my Bold today leaving me with only one Ink card (Ink Plus). I should have asked for a retention offer but I think I want to give some available credit back to Chase with the hopes of applying for the British Airways card in 4 months or so. 

Message 7 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. The review was worth it. Enjoy your new Business credit.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.