Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Simply Cash, Small SL

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Approved Simply Cash, Small SL

I was just approved for the American Express Simply Cash. I've been trying to get this card for about a year and a half, so I'm glad to have it, but was surprised that the starting credit limit was only $3k, since (a) I'm approved to spend $55k on my Amex Business Platinum, and (b) my average CL is around $9600.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved Simply Cash, Small SL

It starts small but they are generous  when it comes to CLI. 

Message 2 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool.

Should I apply for CLI or just let it happen?

Is it true it doesn't report to personal credit ordinarily?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool.

Should I apply for CLI or just let it happen?

Is it true it doesn't report to personal credit ordinarily?

The CLI rules are the same as they are for the personal cards, and the personal cards are included in the mix for the time frames involved. It doesn't report to personal credit.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Did you get the regular Simply Cash or the Plus card??

Message 5 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Could be close to your internal ceiling with Amex for CL, that appears to be a pretty small CL for a business card to start out.  Granted if you wanted if you have a personal revolver you can move some of that CL to the business simplycash CC by reallocation.

Anyways congrats on the approval as it is an approval of a nice card.. Get the plus or regular?

Message 6 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Thanks.

I got the Simply Cash Regular, I assume, since that's what I applied for.

Message 7 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I was just approved for the American Express Simply Cash. I've been trying to get this card for about a year and a half, so I'm glad to have it, but was surprised that the starting credit limit was only $3k, since (a) I'm approved to spend $55k on my Amex Business Platinum, and (b) my average CL is around $9600.

Congrats.  I get great sl's (for me) with personal, but all my business cards start at 3k.  Hint, get a cli later on personal, or wait three months, and transfer some cl from personal to business.  I kept getting denied cli on business, but they give it out on personal.  Smiley Wink. Do not worry about utilization, spend for the bonus.  And, congrats again.

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

Congrats.  I get great sl's (for me) with personal, but all my business cards start at 3k.  Hint, get a cli later on personal, or wait three months, and transfer some cl from personal to business.  I kept getting denied cli on business, but they give it out on personal.  Smiley Wink. Do not worry about utilization, spend for the bonus.  And, congrats again.

Thanks, Imperfecture.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval !!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.