Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AM EX Blue for Business

tag
blakatl
Established Member

Approved for AM EX Blue for Business

Just applied for  American Express Blue for business card.   I got the pending notification to call and did so.     They simply wanted to verify that it was me and not a fraudulent application.  Got approved for  $15k.   I should of asked for more and will likely hit the CLI button when I receive the card.

Background

AM Ex memeber since 1996.  One personal card at 25k limit.  Experian score is at 738.  6 personal cards never late.  I charge between 8 and 12K a month on AM EX.  Never late. Ever.  I genrally pay off before the statement hits and might let 1k  or so  roll over to show usage.    No other business credit.   Incorporated since 1999, Software Consulting

I primarily want to seperate my business from personal expenses better and also have the choice to let some charges roll over.

When and what other card would be good to try for.  I would like a Master Card or Visa.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for AM EX Blue for Business

Congrats on your approval.

Message 2 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Congrats. Other cards, the coveted Chase Ink family. Visa. Many travel cards via citi and BOA (others I personally would not consider, unless in area for BECU).
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 8
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  The Simply Cash is pretty good from what I hear.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@blakatl wrote:

Just applied for  American Express Blue for business card.   I got the pending notification to call and did so.     They simply wanted to verify that it was me and not a fraudulent application.  Got approved for  $15k.   I should of asked for more and will likely hit the CLI button when I receive the card.

Background

AM Ex memeber since 1996.  One personal card at 25k limit.  Experian score is at 738.  6 personal cards never late.  I charge between 8 and 12K a month on AM EX.  Never late. Ever.  I genrally pay off before the statement hits and might let 1k  or so  roll over to show usage.    No other business credit.   Incorporated since 1999, Software Consulting

I primarily want to seperate my business from personal expenses better and also have the choice to let some charges roll over.

When and what other card would be good to try for.  I would like a Master Card or Visa.

I've been very pleased with the Capital One Spark card, which gives you 2% cash back on everything.

Some people don't like the fact that it reports on your personal credit reports, but that doesn't bother me.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 8
blakatl
Established Member

Thanks for the input. I really am trying to keep business credit off my personal credit.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice SL, congrats !

Message 7 of 8
blakatl
Established Member

Update:

Received the card in the mail today (2 day express for free)       Activated the card online went directly to the CLI button and was granted an instant increase to 25k from the initial 15k line that I asked for.    Now I'm curious how high I could of went but this is plenty.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.