Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AMEX Business Green Rewards

tag
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Approved for AMEX Business Green Rewards

Morning Everyone,

My roommate and I started a new cleaning business earlier this year and I think we're doing pretty well. Since I've been enjoying my personal AMEX charge card, we decided to app for this card last night. I wasn't instantly approved, but I called this morning, went through Fraud Verification, and received an approval over the phone. My card should be in hand before the end of the week! Excited to establish some credit for our new business.

Have a great week!

Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for AMEX Business Green Rewards

@fullstackdev wrote:

Morning Everyone,

My roommate and I started a new cleaning business earlier this year and I think we're doing pretty well. Since I've been enjoying my personal AMEX charge card, we decided to app for this card last night. I wasn't instantly approved, but I called this morning, went through Fraud Verification, and received an approval over the phone. My card should be in hand before the end of the week! Excited to establish some credit for our new business.

Have a great week!

Congrats on the approval. If you dont mind me asking, what kind of forms or info did they need for the app for the business account? Or in another words, what is the difference in the application/approval process between the business and the personal account?

Thanks.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSK1912 wrote:

@fullstackdev wrote:

Morning Everyone,

Have a great week!

Congrats on the approval. If you dont mind me asking, what kind of forms or info did they need for the app for the business account? Or in another words, what is the difference in the application/approval process between the business and the personal account?

Thanks.

Virtually no difference.  Approval is based on your personal credit

Message 3 of 8
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

@fullstackdev wrote:

Morning Everyone,

Have a great week!

Thanks.

Virtually no difference.  Approval is based on your personal credit

Yea the application process was almost identical to a personal card application with the addition of collecting my business details like EIN, revenue, etc. No special paperwork required on my end.

Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you get all the cards you have with such a low FICO score?

I'm asking because I'm afraid to apply for an AMEX card for my cleaning company since my scores are (all FICO8) EQ 632, TU 685, EX 616.

Message 5 of 8
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How did you get all the cards you have with such a low FICO score?

I'm asking because I'm afraid to apply for an AMEX card for my cleaning company since my scores are (all FICO8) EQ 632, TU 685, EX 616.

Nothing special. I applied on the lender's websites, they pulled my credit reports, and decided to approve or deny my applications. In some cases, I applied multiple times until I was approved. Also, I have a lot of cards with a small number of lenders. Most of the cards probably have similar approval and underwriting standards. 

AMEX pulls Experian, so I would suggest you wait until you hit 650 -- that's when I started seeing AMEX approvals. I still got denied for the AMEX BCP and Platinum charge card. With your TU score, you could qualify for the Amazon Business Revolving credit line. I was recently approved for $2,000. Very useful line of credit for a small cleaning business IMO.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fullstackdev wrote:

Morning Everyone,

Have a great week!

What made you pick the green over the others?  I'm personally holding out for the simplycash plus, but I've looked into the plum as well.  

Message 7 of 8
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fullstackdev wrote:

Morning Everyone,

Have a great week!

What made you pick the green over the others?  I'm personally holding out for the simplycash plus, but I've looked into the plum as well.  

I picked the Green because I wanted a charge card for my business and I knew I would get approved for it. I didn't apply for a revolving card like the the simplycash because I don't think AMEX will approve me. I've been denied for the BCE personal card a few times this year. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.