Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Amex Blue with low starting limit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Amex Blue with low starting limit

Had to take advantage of the 20K MR point offer as I realized that it was going away.  I knew before applying that I was at or near my maximum credit limit that Amex would extend for now so wasn't expecting a huge limit and it turned out that I was right.  Instant approval for a whopping $2K limit.  It really won't be a big deal overall as I have both the personal and business versions of the SPG card so I will just move $15,500 from the personal card and close that one out.  Slight annoyance in that I had to create a separate login for this card from my 6 other Amex accounts.  Got onto chat and eventually tthe rep was able to move the card into my existing login but that should have been an option in the first place.  It was when I added every other card so not sure why it wouldn't let me do that in the first place.  Oh well. The ability to move the limit from the SPG card to the Blue card already is there so that will solve the low starting limit.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Approved for Amex Blue with low starting limit

Congrats on the new card.  Enjoy!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gidgetmom wrote:

Congrats on the new card.  Enjoy!

Thank you very much

Message 3 of 19
driftless
Valued Contributor

Mine is a separate login as well, I am glad that you mentioned that a CSR can combine them I will try that via chat later.  Sorry about the unexpected SL.   
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@driftless wrote:
Mine is a separate login as well, I am glad that you mentioned that a CSR can combine them I will try that via chat later.  Sorry about the unexpected SL.   

Actually it was kind of expected.  I was at $60K in limit with them already and knew that I wasn't going to get much more.  Was hoping for $5K but the $2K wasn't shocking.

Definitely combine the logins.  I have so many already that I didn't want another one.  Took the CSR about 10 minutes in chat to combine them.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Irish! I'm debating applying for this before the offer is gone as well but have been hesitant because I'm floating a balance on the Blue for Business for a few months until some bonus money comes in.

Might as well just go for it since a denial is likely only an SP, eh?
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats Irish! I'm debating applying for this before the offer is gone as well but have been hesitant because I'm floating a balance on the Blue for Business for a few months until some bonus money comes in.

Thank you.

I think you should go for it like right away.  Amex has already removed most of the offer links but there are still some floating around.  I don't think they'll care about your existing balance.  That never seems to faze them.  No indication so far of a HP so new card with 20K points, doesn't report to personal, and no HP is above t as good as it gets.

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

I think you should go for it like right away.  Amex has already removed most of the offer links but there are still some floating around.  I don't think they'll care about your existing balance.  That never seems to faze them.  No indication so far of a HP so new card with 20K points, doesn't report to personal, and no HP is above t as good as it gets.

Very good points sir - went ahead just now and pulled the trigger. It went to pending and asked me to call a customer care person for a decision, as well as sent an email indicating that they are reviewing the application and need a little more time.

Either way nothing to really lose here.

Anyway congrats again and thank you for the push!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

Very good points sir - went ahead just now and pulled the trigger. It went to pending and asked me to call a customer care person for a decision, as well as sent an email indicating that they are reviewing the application and need a little more time.

Either way nothing to really lose here.

Anyway congrats again and thank you for the push!

Probably just verification.  I'd call them at the number they provided.  Good luck

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha thanks! I was going to call after i get back from the gym but got an approval email on the way here!

When I'm home I'll add the account and make an approval post. Thanks again for the helpful nudge!
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.