cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are business account creditors subject to fees for reporting TL/status?

tag
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Are business account creditors subject to fees for reporting TL/status?

I read a comment in another thread (non-business) that creditors are charged a fee to report accounts/account status to the CRAs.  Can someone with experience with this elaborate for me...is this true for just consumer accounts, or  does that include business accounts as well?  I'm looking at this from the creditor side.

I have extended credit to my customers for quite some time, and I want to begin reporting to the business credit reporting agencies, such as D&B, Experian and Equifax.  I do not deal with consumer accounts, just b2b.

I had noticed (re:Equifax) that I can't pull my own business' report from them unless I contribute to their database, but I saw no mention of fees.

Thanks for any info you may have.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are business account creditors subject to fees for reporting TL/status?

Pretty much any and all "subscriber programs" to credit reporting agencies has a cost to the "subscriber" aka: creditor/lender.

No, these fees are not only on retail or consumer reporting services.

Yes, subscribers/creditors must pay for the service, which allows them to report credit experiences and also pull credit profiles.

Most CRA's have "minimums" meaning a certain number of accounts that will be reported on a regular basis.  Others, such as D&B, I believe do not have high minimums.

Sometimes creditors do not pay for the accounts to be reported, such as D&B Credit Builder, in YOU pay in order to get Tradelines reported in order to build your business credit.

Message 2 of 3
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Are business account creditors subject to fees for reporting TL/status?

Thanks, txjohn.

Sounds like I'll have to call into each of these bureaus for the specifics, though.

Any idea of the minimum # of accounts?  Are we talking just hundreds or thousands here (or tens of thousands)?

Probably sliding scale rates, too, if I'm catching your drift.

I'm probably going to be way too small for them for this to be cost-effective for me.  I've got great customers, and thought their outstanding payment histories could be rewarded with a nicely reporting business tradeline.

Oh, well.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.