Established Contributor
searchingfor67

BEST CHASE BUSINESS CARD

[ Edited ]

Hello All -

I'm in the process of starting a small buisness, and I'm starting to look at buisness credit cards. However, I'm have difficulty deciding which card will be suit my needs...i.e., ink cash, ink plus or bold. I anticipate traveling some, but not extensively. Your thoughts?

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCP $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $10.1K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Discover IT $9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $10K | USAA World MC $9K
Established Contributor
scenery_guy

Re: BEST CHASE BUSINESS CARD

If you travel a bit either the Bold or the Plus have the same rewards for travel. The Plus offers (a near useless 2 visit per year) lounge perk but the Bold offers a direct line to a service advisor 24/7. To me the service advisor is better deal as I have a Platinum AMEX for lounge and I fly Delta. 

I see you have a CSP so you can combine points - the Chase UR points seem to be better for travel related redemption. The Bold and Plus have same offer of 50,000 points for $3,000 spend in 3 months. They also have same 5x category and 2x category. 

In the end the decision is simple - do you want a credit card to carry a balance? If so the Plus. If not the Bold but you must PIF every month. They internal limit you with the Bold (not true NPSL) and even tell you the limit at set up but it does creep up pretty quickly and adjust to your spend. When in doubt I call the number on the back and ask the real person that answers "can I spend $xxxxx right now for my business". Never been told no yet. 

Established Contributor
searchingfor67

Thanks for the insight! I applied for the ink plus, and was approved, but I had to move credit around on my existing cards. I'm only concerned about the earning power...had more than enough credit on my existing cards, so no biggie.

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCP $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $10.1K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Discover IT $9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $10K | USAA World MC $9K
Established Contributor
scenery_guy

Cool, congrats. 

Nice bonus and if you spend quite a bit you will earn a bunch of points. I managed to rack up just shy of 185,000 on tow Ink cards in the final 6 months of last year including the bonuses. 

I saw the addition of your Ink card in your signature. Use it heavy for business and give them a call in a couple of months. They doubled my limit on my Ink Cash after some usage and a quick call. I think I initiated my call from in a branch but if they see usage they should make a move (unless you feel you are reaching maximum saturation with Chase). 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+