xangoboy

Bad Credit

I remember a few years back in order to even get a business credit card, ones CR needed to be free of blemishes....spotless and have a score above 720.

Is this still the case? Is there a score threshold and does the report need to have no lates, charge offs, collections, bankruptcies, etc?
Frequent Contributor
ForMyBiz

Re: Bad Credit

I don't think that's necessarily the case.  I got invited to apply for Chase Ink Cash when my score was hovering around 600 and was instantly approved for $2000 CL.  I had business banking with them for 2.5 years prior to the invite and think this might have played into it.

Capital One approved me for Spark Classic with a score around 650.  It's high interest and 1% rewards, but still nice to have.

and BofA countered offered me a secured business card when i applied for their card with a score between 620-650 (I don't remember exactly what it was at the time.)

So there are options out there for less than perfect credit scores.

xangoboy

ForMyBiz wrote:

I don't think that's necessarily the case.  I got invited to apply for Chase Ink Cash when my score was hovering around 600 and was instantly approved for $2000 CL.  I had business banking with them for 2.5 years prior to the invite and think this might have played into it.

Capital One approved me for Spark Classic with a score around 650.  It's high interest and 1% rewards, but still nice to have.

and BofA countered offered me a secured business card when i applied for their card with a score between 620-650 (I don't remember exactly what it was at the time.)

This is awesome. Thank you for your response. It's very good to know, gives me some hope as well. 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Business cards are not hard to get at all 

Just have a decent score and CR's old baddies if small ok

Proof of a legit business because most will check now a days 

1 year in business YMMV

Sole P

SS#

LLC & CORP

Ein#

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it...6/6/14 Plat is all mine
New Contributor
sadiespapa

BofA has some sort of secret Secured Business Card?

ForMyBiz wrote:

APR 2014 FICO: EX 651 | EQ 635 | TU 671
FEB 2014 FICO: EX 628 | EQ 561 | TU 668
DEC 2013 FICO: EX 628 | EQ 559 | TU 655

.........$2000...............$1000................$800.................$700
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Capital One Approved my Spark Classic with under a 590 credit score... I have since had EO office upgrade the rewards program to the Cash 2% (I still have the Gold spark card but reward program is of the green cash card!)

Bank of America has a business Secured Card that if you don't qualify for unsecured they will offer you secured and it can unsecure like the personal card. Probably the best option if you really can't get approved but want to build business credit with a great bank and decent rewards.

Wells Fargo also now has a business secured card.

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 667 GE, EX 677 Prosper (06-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Contributor
Brax

My experience in the last week was having a unpaid medical baddie resulted in an automated 30 day message (instant decline) for a Chase Ink Plus. However, the recon was so easy it makes me think Chase will approve a very, very large majority of those that recon.

On the phone: "Looks like you have a small collection for $1500..." :smileysurprised:

Cash+ (10K), WF Plat (7K), Cap1 (7K), Barclays Rewards Visa (6.2K), Amex Blue Cash (5.5K) Amex SPG (15K), Amex HHonors (12K), Discover IT (6.5K), FlexPerks (15K), Sallie Mae (10K), Citi Executive AAdvantage (13K), BoA AAA Rewards (6K)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+