Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Employee Internal Corporate Credit Card Question

tag
cjg1980
Visitor

Bank Employee Internal Corporate Credit Card Question

I work for one of the big banks and have recently been issued a Corporate Credit Card.  I provided my checking account info and social on the required form that my employer asked for along with the set credit limits.  I will not be billed for any charges and I  imagine the need to have my checking account information is for repayment of unauthorized purchases. My question is, how or will this credit card effect my credit positively or negatively?   The Credit card is issued by the bank I work for and Has my name on it and the banks name on it underneath my name.  It was delivered to me as a normal credit card would be issued " Congratulations on your Commercial Credit Account". So if somebody out there that is reading this has any knowledge on this, please reply. Thank you.  (Its a Mastercard, just mentioning it if it matters)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Bank Employee Internal Corporate Credit Card Question

Welcome to the forum! The cc will have no effect, negatively or positively.
Message 2 of 4
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Agreed. 

I do find it odd they wanted your checking account info - for whatever reason. Was there verbiage that indicated they could take the funds from your account in case of misuse? 

Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

Agreed. 

I do find it odd they wanted your checking account info - for whatever reason. Was there verbiage that indicated they could take the funds from your account in case of misuse? 

I have never heard of that ..I've heard in some cases they ask for SS# but if applicant isn't eligible then its under Corp who is responsible for the employee

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.