Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Business Credit Card sent Secured Approval

tag
dbatl14
Contributor

Bank of America Business Credit Card sent Secured Approval

I app'd for the Travel Rewads for Business and I got the 7 - 10 business day notice and today they sent me a letter stating they couldn't approve me for an unsecured but I can do the secured with a $1500 CD account.

The denial letter said that I didn't have enough relationships with BofA BUT if have 2 Business Accounts,  A Personal Credit Card and Personal Checking account?

I have an Amex Gold Business and Spark from Cap one both unsecured.

Kind of a slap in the face. I wanted something decent for my business but is that even worth it?

Not even sure the type of card they would give you but I was just curious if anyone had this experience and why would I choose to do that when I have unsecured cards from other banks.

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Business Credit Card sent Secured Approval

@dbatl14 wrote:

The denial letter said that I didn't have enough relationships with BofA BUT if have 2 Business Accounts,  A Personal Credit Card and Personal Checking account?

set up an appointment at a local branch with a business rep, something doesn't seem right

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My partner went through something very similar TWICE with Bank Of America and finally just said forget it after multiple calls and recons and faxing docs.

Then one day a pre-approval came for Alaska Business so applied and went pending and a week later a card showed up.

The funny thing is there was one girl that we had been going back and forth with and she was willing to move $1k from his personal card to open the business card I think it was but we decided not to, added many more cards and much more debt than during that time before getting the pre-approval and that ended up being approved for $22k.

They can be very generous but complete idiots sometimes too!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with others something doesn't seem right.

We applied for a Business Card with them a month after starting our business and were instantly approved.

FICO was probably 680+ prior history was only a 6 month old personal Cash Rewards card with them that's it.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.