cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America is getting ridiculous......

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Bank of America is getting ridiculous......

So several weeks ago i sent in some information via fax to their "General Correspondence " department to have my company name changed to match my LLC and i haven't heard much.

I called in last week and was told they recieved my fax and are working on it

I called in today and they were trying to claim they didn't recieve it yet. Smiley Frustrated

I then tried calling different numbers for my personal cards thinking someone their would have correct notes to help me, they didn't and passed me back to business card.Smiley Frustrated

I tried calling the Executive Office and they were closed, so i did the next best thing..... I sent a message on their facebook using their get help form.

I recieved a call back within the hour from a very nice rep, who saw the correct notes that they were working on it and that a letter was sent but he doesn't konw if they needed more information or not.... he is going to reach out to the correct department tomorrow and get back to me! Smiley Very Happy

This should not be so hard to do and their "General Correspondence" team should have anything to do with it, it should have been passed directly to the business department in the first place, and their should be a real phone number for them instead of fax. Smiley Frustrated

Capital One and American Express are making Bank of America look bad, as Capital One was so quick to get it changed for me, and Even though Amex had me re apply they approved me and got me a new card fast as well...... so Bank of America is the last to have this done and things are sliding down hill with them lately. Smiley Frustrated

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America is getting ridiculous......

So the facebook rep called me back thrusday and gave me the number for Credit Maintance and said i should call and talk to them to see what information they need.

On Friday Morning I gave them a call and got a very nice rep who actualy gave me a better fax number to send some informaton to and he said to check back in 24 to 48 hours, so i will give them a call like Wensday and see what's up.

If this becomes too much of a headache i may just tell them to cancel the request and I use this card the way it is and i wil re apply for it under my LLC when i think my credit file is ready for it.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad they called you back.. Keep us posted on resutls...

Message 3 of 10
linux007969
Established Contributor

*** Update ***

A rep from Bank of America has been calling me to follow up with me and finish out my request, she recieved information of my certificate of Orginization and she said it was almost not legable but she said she was able to zoom in and see everything better, and she accecpted it and i asked about my EIN and she said they didn't get any information about it and i could resend it so they can upload it to my account, so i resent it to the better fax number.

Earlier today i recieve a call from the rep saying they got my EIN paperwork but it was really dark and couldn't read it, so i needed to resend it, and while i was on the call i asked her if i was getting a new card and she said yes, she put in the request for a new card a few days ago and i should recieve it soon.

So after i got off the call i resent the EIN informaton again and hopefully they get it in better condition, we'll see.

I'm glad they are being more responsive now! Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh good... Will keep fingers crossed for you.  Keep us posted..

Message 5 of 10
linux007969
Established Contributor

*** Update***

The corrected business card came in the mail today! Finally!

It has a chip, the mag strip is silver, the logo on the back is to the right instead of under bank of america, also the big grayscale flag is no longer on the back of the card.

My account number, expire date, and security ccv code are all the same as before.

Best of all it has my company name correct! I called and activated it within seconds and did not have to talk to a rep!

Took a month, but with a lil persistance they got it done! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, I'm glad it turned out in your favor.
Message 7 of 10
RSCo
Established Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

*** Update***

It has a chip, the mag strip is silver, the logo on the back is to the right instead of under bank of america, also the big grayscale flag is no longer on the back of the card.

My account number, expire date, and security ccv code are all the same as before.

Best of all it has my company name correct! I called and activated it within seconds and did not have to talk to a rep!

Are you going from SP to an LLC?  Also, where you using your SSN before as your EIN or did you also just get an EIN?  I wonder if they have some "freak out" and "delay" process in place when people change LLC names or go from SP to an LLC structure because they worry the debt is no longer a personal guarantee.. LOL.. They see their own CEO lose 7 billion dollars in one bad stock trade and are worried that someone may try and rip them off..  Uh, uh,uh...

I had to deal with BOA from a Trustee perspective when my grandmother died and I had to switch all of her mortgage stuff over to the Trust where I was the trustee.. It was a nightmare.. It literally took 5 years before they stopped claiming that they had not received faxes from me that showed that she died and that I was the trustee.. Even when I sold her place and was requesting a payoff, the payoff dept refused to give it to me because the other dept had not correctly changed the account over in the name of the Trust .. I had to tell them to search their "notes system" and look for specific dates on when I faxed the docs they were looking for.. They had everything.. It was awful.. Congrats on finally getting them to do what they are suppose to do.. Smiley Happy

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 8 of 10
linux007969
Established Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

*** Update***

Are you going from SP to an LLC?  Also, where you using your SSN before as your EIN or did you also just get an EIN?  I wonder if they have some "freak out" and "delay" process in place when people change LLC names or go from SP to an LLC structure because they worry the debt is no longer a personal guarantee.. LOL.. They see their own CEO lose 7 billion dollars in one bad stock trade and are worried that someone may try and rip them off..  Uh, uh,uh...

I had to deal with BOA from a Trustee perspective when my grandmother died and I had to switch all of her mortgage stuff over to the Trust where I was the trustee.. It was a nightmare.. It literally took 5 years before they stopped claiming that they had not received faxes from me that showed that she died and that I was the trustee.. Even when I sold her place and was requesting a payoff, the payoff dept refused to give it to me because the other dept had not correctly changed the account over in the name of the Trust .. I had to tell them to search their "notes system" and look for specific dates on when I faxed the docs they were looking for.. They had everything.. It was awful.. Congrats on finally getting them to do what they are suppose to do.. Smiley Happy

Yes I was going from a Sole Proprietorship to a LLC. My company name changed slightly by doing so...... I had the word " Services " at the end of the name and when i did the LLC i chose not to have it, so on my account they needed to take the word " Services " off and add LLC at the end of it. When i applied for the card origionally i used my social but in this process of changing to an LLC i sent them in my EIN to they can add that to my account. As far as them freaking out about no pg i covered part of that in my letter i sent along with the information

"I fully realize and understand that I am fully responsible for any and all charges on my account through a personal guarantee when I applied for this card."

With all the hassle it has taken to get Bank of America to get this done, Capital One really made them look bad as they only took a week to get it done Smiley Surprised

Oh and their "notes system" is mainly department specific, for instance not every small business customer service rep saw about the progress of my business name change, most of them didn't see anything at all reguarding it..... Their Facebook Social Media team saw it, and their Credit Maintaince department saw some of it too.

With my personal cards the reps take a while to go through the notes on those accounts, their system is slow to pull those up so maybe they are not seeing everything as well..... i think a few times they placed me on hold and " found the notes in a different system"

I'm glad they did their job though. It really shows that changing an account from a Sole Proprietorship to LLC can be done in most cases..... American Express seems to be the only one who said new app.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

hard work always pays off! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.