cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Business Credit Card Currently BUT...

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best Business Credit Card Currently BUT...

Once you remove chase and amex from the list i didn't think it was so vague since that eliminates the types of redemptions your speaking of for the most part.
Usually travel does have a better redemption but that would be on spg card or platinum not a BofA 1.5 travel card.
Cash back would be better than that.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does matter mostly because there are so many different reasons for a business card.

For cash back, I think that Capital One Spark Cash is 2%.  Second year has an $95 AF though.  I believe they have or had a $500 SUB for it.

That BofA Business Advantage is nice for category spending - 3% on gas and office supply and a $200 SUB.  Also 0% APR for part of the first year.

Message 12 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Cap1 probably is best but reports to personal.
Costco beats out BofA categories.
Message 13 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I'm basically looking for the more obscure banks not the top big 5 that we all know about.
Any off the beaten path that don't get mentioned much that have amazing something like 3% cash back on everything! Haha
That was my point of question, outside the big players we are all familiar with
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interested as well. I'd like to see a bank compete with Chase in terms of rewards offered and credit limits.

Capital One is good, but the fact that it reports to personal kills the deal for me
Message 15 of 16
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

It can take a bit of research, but many local banks use FNBO / First Bankcard for their credit cards. FNBO is inquiry sensitive, however, tends to pull EQ and/or EX. 

I picked up the Costco (Citi) card; it goes nice with the membership, as does the Sams (Synchrony) card. Both are no annual fee if you maintain the membership. Neither business cards report to credit bureaus. Synchrony offers their Business Retail Credit (BRC) and if you don't qualify for the DualCard (MC), they'll consider you for the BRC. There doesn't seem to be a clear upgrade path from the BRC to MC unless you apply again.

The Capital One Spark cards that earn 2% normally have an annual fee after the first year, unless you apply in a physical branch, in which case they have $0 AF and still earn 2%. (no need to choose between 1.5% w/o fee, or 2% w/fee if you apply in branch.)

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.