Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Bank or Credit Union

tag
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

Big Bank or Credit Union

I currently have Navy Federal personal accounts, and I use it for my business as well.

However, things are getting a little complex so I am seperating both of them (just started) 

Now, Navy Federal offers Business services however very limited compared to the Big Banks like Bank of America that offers 2 checking accounts with extra bells as whistles for the price of one. 

Navy Federal have flexiable credit services unlike the big banks when it comes to new businesess (i believe)

Suggestions? 

Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Utl @ 10% - Main Card: Navy FCU Cash Rewards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Big Bank or Credit Union

I heard Navy is very difficult for Biz cards. Credit addict might know for sure. Cap1 Spark is pretty easy but it also reports to your personal reports. Amex was one of my easier applications and Chase Ink put me through a manual interview on the phone.
Message 2 of 6
silver_idle
Established Contributor

@ficoguy2013 wrote:

I currently have Navy Federal personal accounts, and I use it for my business as well.

However, things are getting a little complex so I am seperating both of them (just started) 

Now, Navy Federal offers Business services however very limited compared to the Big Banks like Bank of America that offers 2 checking accounts with extra bells as whistles for the price of one. 

Navy Federal have flexiable credit services unlike the big banks when it comes to new businesess (i believe)

Suggestions? 

If your business isnt very big, a small credit union would work. I normally dont keep my personal and business accounts at the same bank for the sake of separation. I am currently at Bank of America (Was at WF but decided to give BoA another chance) with my personal accounts being at a local bank. 

Message 3 of 6
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

So, 

I would be wise to keep my Personal and Business Finances at Seperate Banks? 

Just, god forbid, the business sinks. 

Lines of Credit Navy FCU Cash Rewards Signature - $25k || Navy FCU LOC - $15k || Barclay's Apple Rewards - $5k || ECP Military Exchange - $4k || DCU Platinum Rewards - $2k || Discover IT - $750 || Capital One Quicksilver - $2.5k || USAA American Express - $5k || Target Redcard - $2.4k ||
Auto Loans:Toyota Financial $25,000 - 1.9% || USAA Auto $32,000 - 1.76% || DCU Auto $32,000 - 2.49% (dd discount .50%)

Message 4 of 6
ficoguy2013
Regular Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I heard Navy is very difficult for Biz cards. Credit addict might know for sure. Cap1 Spark is pretty easy but it also reports to your personal reports. Amex was one of my easier applications and Chase Ink put me through a manual interview on the phone.

I was approved for a rotten $500 with Cap1 lol for my business credit card

Message 5 of 6
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'd honestly go for Amex Business Gold over Cap1. What do they really expect you to do with $500 limit!?!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.